118958030_10218613029381644_2821347987459152931_n.jpg

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
It's here!
Don't pretend you couldn't tell
If you don't believe in cold fronts
Take the first train to Hell!

48 degrees right now with a stiff North wind. High for today was at midnight, 74. They're saying we're gonna see low 30s for overnight lows here.

It's brisk and invigorating out there. Refreshing!

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It’s nice
It’s gone from 112 on a Sunday to 72 right now with 75% humidity

The humidity sucks, but I’ll take this type of weather all year long

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I wish we could get some cold weather here in Texas. It’s supposed to be close to 90 today in Dallas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I wish we could get some cold weather here in Texas. It’s supposed to be close to 90 today in Dallas.

You really don't, trust me. 3-10 inches of snow expected late tonight to 7pm tomorrow, light ice, 15-20 mph winds.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
You really don't, trust me. 3-10 inches of snow expected late tonight to 7pm tomorrow, light ice, 15-20 mph winds.

I definitely don’t want that. But 2-3 inches of snow for a few days would be ok with me.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I wish we could get some cold weather here in Texas.
We've had some up here in my part of it. More coming, that's gonna get you too. Starting tomorrow morning for you, tonight for me.
It’s supposed to be close to 90 today in Dallas.
Too funny, it was close to 90 here yesterday too and gonna be today. Then it's 20s and 30s time. Big front blowing in tonight, followed by an even stronger one for Sunday.

You'll see 40s and 50s down there, possible even 30s for Monday - which qualifies as "cold" for big D.

You don't actually know what cold, is.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
60s and 70s in new england, but still no frost yet

winter is coming and according to the farmers almanac we're supposed to get dumped on all season long

but they said that last year and we didnt get shit

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
We've had some up here in my part of it. More coming, that's gonna get you too. Starting tomorrow morning for you, tonight for me.

Too funny, it was close to 90 here yesterday too and gonna be today. Then it's 20s and 30s time. Big front blowing in tonight, followed by an even stronger one for Sunday.

You'll see 40s and 50s down there, possible even 30s for Monday - which qualifies as "cold" for big D.

You don't actually know what cold, is.

I just looked at it. Yea it’s supposed to drop down into the mid-40’s with possible rain. I’m actually ok with that. I’m one of those weird people that like cold rainy days.

Yea that’s cold for us here. I do business with a lot of people in the Northeast (New Hampshire, Maine, Vermont areas). Those guys are basically trapped in their house for a few months out of the year. Definitely prefer the Texas winters over that mess.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
60s and 70s in new england, but still no frost yet

winter is coming and according to the farmers almanac we're supposed to get dumped on all season long

but they said that last year and we didnt get shit

Really no heavy snow yet? We pretty never get snow in the Dallas area. We get covered with a sheet of ice once or twice a year but that’s about it.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I just looked at it. Yea it’s supposed to drop down into the mid-40’s with possible rain. I’m actually ok with that. I’m one of those weird people that like cold rainy days.

Yea that’s cold for us here. I do business with a lot of people in the Northeast (New Hampshire, Maine, Vermont areas). Those guys are basically trapped in their house for a few months out of the year. Definitely prefer the Texas winters over that mess.

We can always spot yankees, carpet baggers and down southers here come fall. These fucks are shivering, teeth chattering, sweater and jacket wearing, slack-jawed wombat-faced twits in 30 degree weather while we plainsmen are still running around in flip-flops shorts snd t-shirts.

Opponents from the lowlands like DFW and fucking Midland-Odessa come in here to play football with their cold weather gear and oxygen tanks starting in late October. We're 3000 feet above sea level.

I've seen 12 below zero here and had 20 foot snowdrifts. On the other hand sometimes we get mild winters with little snow and lows only in the single digits above zero. Like last year.

I love playing football in wind driven sleet and 25 degrees. That's ripe hittin' weather.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
lately it doesnt start snowing with much accumulation until late Dec

Jan & Feb are the worst for snow, and theyre the coldest months so snowfall can tend to linger on the ground for a while

the money is really good tho. the company im in does snow plowing for a private condo, about 80 units.

we'd get about $2500 per storm depending on accumulation, some blizzards really suck but those can be +$10,000 storms

all the work is usually done w a couple plow trucks, a skid steer, a snowblower, a sander, and a few snow shovels

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
lately it doesnt start snowing with much accumulation until late Dec

Jan & Feb are the worst for snow, and theyre the coldest months so snowfall can tend to linger on the ground for a while

the money is really good tho. the company im in does snow plowing for a private condo, about 80 units.

we'd get about $2500 per storm depending on accumulation, some blizzards really suck but those can be +$10,000 storms

all the work is usually done w a couple plow trucks, a skid steer, a snowblower, a sander, and a few snow shovels
I typically make a good chunk of change here in winter doing sidewalks, driveways, porches, parking lots... All cash - uncle sam can pack sand.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
We can always spot yankees, carpet baggers and down southers here come fall. These fucks are shivering, teeth chattering, sweater and jacket wearing, slack-jawed wombat-faced twits in 30 degree weather while we plainsmen are still running around in flip-flops shorts snd t-shirts.

Opponents from the lowlands like DFW and fucking Midland-Odessa come in here to play football with their cold weather gear and oxygen tanks starting in late October. We're 3000 feet above sea level.

I've seen 12 below zero here and had 20 foot snowdrifts. On the other hand sometimes we get mild winters with little snow and lows only in the single digits above zero. Like last year.

I love playing football in wind driven sleet and 25 degrees. That's ripe hittin' weather.

The reverse happens in the summer. It’s 100 degrees with 90% humidity for months on end with no rain and we’re loving it. I’m driving around with windows down and radio up loving life. It’s easy to spot anyone not from Texas though during those times. They literally look like they’re melting. Lol!

Or when it’s 80 degrees and I’m reaching for a sweater and one of my co-workers from up North are begging to turn the a/c on. Or I love the question, how can it still be 95 degrees at midnight?

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The reverse happens in the summer. It’s 100 degrees with 90% humidity for months on end with no rain and we’re loving it. I’m driving around with windows down and radio up loving life. It’s easy to spot anyone not from Texas though during those times. They literally look like they’re melting. Lol!

Or when it’s 80 degrees and I’m reaching for a sweater and one of my co-workers from up North are begging to turn the a/c on. Or I love the question, how can it still be 95 degrees at midnight?
Yeah I lived in Dallas for three years. At least it's not as bad humidity wise as it is on the gulf coast.

Up here we get 109 but it's dry. 12 percent humidity. Not as bad as southern AZ so it's tallable. The year I lived down there, good gawd I learned to love swimming pools.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Yeah I lived in Dallas for three years. At least it's not as bad humidity wise as it is on the gulf coast.

Up here we get 109 but it's dry. 12 percent humidity. Not as bad as southern AZ so it's tallable. The year I lived down there, good gawd I learned to love swimming pools.

Yea Houston is WAY worse. I used to date a girl in Houston and whenever I was there I would have to take like 3 showers a day.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Yea Houston is WAY worse. I used to date a girl in Houston and whenever I was there I would have to take like 3 showers a day.
The summer I spent working in Nawlins was quite educational that way.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Several inches of precipitation this week, with more coming for this weekend. A mixture of snow and rain, big gloppy mess. Record cold projected for this weekend....and the chance for 50's for next weekend. Just typical South Dakota weather...

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Just watched the forecast; close to or at 70 3 out of the next four days. 32 and snow for next Monday...

Top Bottom