touchdown

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
50234346271_a94bf67bfd_c.jpg

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
They are calling for a stage 3 alert today because of the record heat. That the first time a stage 3 has been called in 20 years.

The last 2 weeks has been the hottest 2 week period in CA in over 70 years.

It was 130 in Death Valley yesterday.

I received an email specifically asking me to conserve energy today to help avoid Rolling blackouts. I can’t ever remember that happening before.

And they are asking all SCE residents to conserve energy during this heat wave and stating that 3.3 million people may experience rolling black outs.

Crazy shit

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
You know it’s hot when you turn on the cold water tap at 6am and the water comes out hot

cml750

Facepalm
Reaction score
How is our weather here in SouthEast Texas right now??? We have the very typical extreme heat and humidity with a chance of a hurricane next week. Par for the course for August/September.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It’s 90 here with 44% humidity with less than 30 minutes before dark

It didn’t feel that bad at all

cml750

Facepalm
Reaction score
Well this is the first time the Beaumont, Texas area has been in the cone of two different tropical systems at the same time. Gee what will 2020 dream up next???

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Well this is the first time the Beaumont, Texas area has been in the cone of two different tropical systems at the same time. Gee what will 2020 dream up next???

Halloween is scheduled to be a full moon. Let the shenanigans begin!

cml750

Facepalm
Reaction score
Well they have called for a mandatory evacuation of my county this morning for TS Laura (soon to be a hurricane). The models have it heading straight for the Golden Triangle area in Southeast Texas. My wife and daughter are heading to College Station. I am going to ride this one out. I have always evacuated in the past but came back the next day after the storm to assess the damage at my home, my parents home, and in-law's home. This time I am going to stay. I will board up the windows and hunker down.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Well they have called for a mandatory evacuation of my county this morning for TS Laura (soon to be a hurricane). The models have it heading straight for the Golden Triangle area in Southeast Texas. My wife and daughter are heading to College Station. I am going to ride this one out. I have always evacuated in the past but came back the next day after the storm to assess the damage at my home, my parents home, and in-law's home. This time I am going to stay. I will board up the windows and hunker down.

Stay safe

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Make sure you wear a mask, it will protect you just like it saves humanity from Covid.

Soon they will rationalize masks can save you from radiation exposure and most likely will eliminate all forms of cancer.

cml750

Facepalm
Reaction score
Make sure you wear a mask, it will protect you just like it saves humanity from Covid.

Soon they will rationalize masks can save you from radiation exposure and most likely will eliminate all forms of cancer.
Yea I will keep that in mind. Since most everyone will be evacuated from my area I could go rob, steal, loot.. & burn.... oh excuse me I mean "protest peacefully" at all the local stores. I hear "peaceful protest" protect you from all forms of harm just as good as mask. ;)

cml750

Facepalm
Reaction score
Well with my daughter driving me nuts about leaving I took off around 6 PM with the storm approaching Cat 5. I am now in College Station with my wife and daughter chomping at the bits to get back home to check out the damage. I do not expect too much since we were on the "good side" of the storm. My prayers go out to everyone caught on the bad side of that monster.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Last 100 degree day of the summer hopefully.

warmday.png

76 degrees here in my house though.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I wish I could say the same

It looks like Ike it’s going to be 100 all through next week and into the weekend

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It’s 91 at 10am

It’s supposed to get up to 109 today

Fun times!

And we have a threat of rolling brown outs and have been told to conserve energy today

Fuck you Gov. Newsome! Fuck you!

And it’s supposed to get up to 111 tomorrow
cd385b40420b0453eae1705059897d5e.jpg

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
It’s supposed to get up to 109 today

Fun times!

...And it’s supposed to get up to 111 tomorrow
We been enjoying upper 80s-low 90s for awhile, but we gone have one o' them big cold fronts hit next week gone knock us down into 40s for overnight lows, and high 50s for afternoon highs. Gone last 2 days then we enjoy some 70s for a bit.

Monday they're sayin' upper 90s for a high that day might break the record for that day, then tuesday we might break the record low, within 24 hours!

It's fine to live up here on the high plains.

Pasadena is Gandolph Fitch's town by the way.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I’m just glad the humidity dropped from the 40’s Down to the 20’s

So it only feels like 106

It could feel much worse

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
91cf5e5d256af78d8f4395cb8dde04b8.jpg

Well at least we got a small break from the heat

It’s 73 degrees right now but we have 63% humidity

AND we have another state of emergency declared in the state of CA because of the fires. The closest one to me is about 10 miles away. There is smoke everywhere which is turning the skies orange. Not to mention the ash all over every damn thing from these fires.

It’s still going to be 100 later today. But that’s a hell of a lot better than the 114 from yesterday

Top Bottom