Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
Wind Chill Sunday night...

53463991642_47751e7b22_b.jpg

touchdown

Reaction score
NYC hit by biggest snowstorm in years; over 1,000 flights canceled

A travel-snarling storm buried part of the Northeast on Tuesday, dumping more than a foot of snow and cutting power to over 180,000 homes and businesses across the region.

When I first read that title, I thought I saw “NYC hit by biggest snowstorm in 1000 years . . .”

touchdown

Reaction score
Intense storm with blizzard conditions, up to 10 feet of snow takes aim at California

A dangerous and impactful storm will bring several feet of snow to mountainous regions of California this week. Blizzard conditions can develop across the region, putting major passes at risk for closures.

touchdown

Reaction score
https://www.accuweather.com/en/wint...a-nevada-with-over-100-inches-of-snow/1626644

The storm will create potentially deadly travel conditions along two major arteries in California.

"Donner Pass, California, along Interstate 80 and segments of I-5 in Northern California to Siskiyou Summit in southern Oregon are likely to close," Rayno added.

There is a high risk of motorists becoming stranded due to the incredible snowfall rates and the likelihood that road crews will be unable to keep up with the storm until it concludes late this weekend. This includes roads to and from the ski resorts in the region. Conditions may be life-threatening for those who become stuck outdoors in the storm.

The combination of heavy snow and high winds is likely to lead to power outages that could take many days, if not weeks, to resolve in isolated areas. Those in backwood locations will need a safe means of heat and plenty of food. Experts warn that chimneys and exhaust from furnaces will need to be kept open to avoid carbon monoxide poisoning.

touchdown

Reaction score
Blizzard conditions along I-80 temporarily trapped hundreds of vehicles overnight, California Highway Patrol officers told ABC News on Saturday. An estimated 200 to 300 vehicles -- including a mix of passenger cars and big rigs -- were stuck from approximately 5 p.m. PT Friday to 2:30 a.m. PT Saturday over Donner Summit, officers said. With the help of tow trucks, everyone was able to get out and no vehicles were abandoned, officers said. There were no injuries or medical emergencies reported.

touchdown

Reaction score
Experience the breathtaking drive between Truckee and Emigrant Gap, California, on Interstate 80 amidst a raging blizzard in 4K! Witness the stunning yet treacherous conditions as snow blankets the landscape and high winds create whiteout conditions, forcing the closure of the highway. Join us on this journey through the snow-covered Sierra Nevada, showcasing the raw power of nature and the challenges faced by travelers during extreme weather events.

Top Bottom