Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Babe on Romo ...Just want to add, no one ever listens to me but brees is a turnover machine...
[video=youtube;AvR9mcdKIsQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvR9mcdKIsQ[/video]

ALways negative Gina with Coach Joe part 1[video=youtube;9o14o2pLO9c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o14o2pLO9c[/video]

Gina and joe part 2 Film breakdown of the plays that went wrong...not much detail though.[video=youtube;EPq6qpVWHjU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPq6qpVWHjU[/video]

Reaction score
The first video is interesting.

I don't like being a Romo-basher. I've been one of his biggest fans for years. He'll, I think white people wearing jerseys looks ridiculous, but I rock a Romo jersey on gamedays. (when I watch the game, I don't go out in public lol)

But I have to dismiss those 4th quarter numbers and stand by what I said the day after the loss: If you put Romo in a critical situation, in a loud/hostile enviroment... he will crumble under the pressure. He's done it time and time again.

He isn't going to "learn from it." It's in his nature. It's who he is. He'll dick tease us all season long, and in 8 weeks or so I'll probably be back to thinking our guy is as good as Rodgers, Rivers, etc... but come playoff time (if we get there)... we'll go on the road, and when it counts the most, he'll throw critical interceptions or otherwise turn the ball over like he's done time and time again.

Cythim

Reaction score

I don't like being a Romo-basher. I've been one of his biggest fans for years. He'll, I think white people wearing jerseys looks ridiculous, but I rock a Romo jersey on gamedays. (when I watch the game, I don't go out in public lol)

But I have to dismiss those 4th quarter numbers and stand by what I said the day after the loss: If you put Romo in a critical situation, in a loud/hostile enviroment... he will crumble under the pressure. He's done it time and time again.

He isn't going to "learn from it." It's in his nature. It's who he is. He'll dick tease us all season long, and in 8 weeks or so I'll probably be back to thinking our guy is as good as Rodgers, Rivers, etc... but come playoff time (if we get there)... we'll go on the road, and when it counts the most, he'll throw critical interceptions or otherwise turn the ball over like he's done time and time again.

I had my Romo jersey on order once he was named the starter in 2006. It was my first jersey and may be the only one I ever buy. I'm trying not to hate on Romo because I know he can win games, I'm just tired of trying to defend him. A few years ago I said he wasn't going to be a championship QB and I think that stands true today.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score

i disagree. He has been in that situation plenty of times and done well, your just being ignorant remembering the losses. Just like the many fans who are completely ignorant about staubach and aikman. They only remember the superbowl wins and dont remember all the bad plays and losses.

human nature I guess, but romo has come through time and time again. I believe he will in the future again.

The last couple of days have motivated me to make a video tonight if I get a chance similar to the believe ones I made in 09.

and no I dont think he is perfect, I was as pissed as anyone sunday night, mostly about the fumble because it took points off the board and gave the momentum and belief back to the jets that they could win.

Idgit

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I agree, theebs. The fumble hurt more than the pick. Romo, like all QBs, makes mistakes in the clutch on occasion. Because he's taking greater risks at those times because it's necessary. He's on national tv three or four times as much as some other QBs, and he's played on a sloppy team that keeps making the mistakes that get them beat. He's part of those mistakes, but hardly alone in that boat.

He's more than capable of winning the big game, but it's not going to happen until the whole team learns to play smarter football. I think that's happening, but that's what makes a game like Sunday's in NY so hard to take.

Reaction score
Theebs said:
i disagree. He has been in that situation plenty of times and done well, your just being ignorant remembering the losses.

Really?

When?

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Really?

When?

Seriously?

He has stepped up in repeated moments to win important games.

Look at the november run of 07, the december run of 09, having to beat the giants in 08 on SNF. That game was just as important as the ravens game. Romo was injured and stayed in the game and helped us beat the giants, had we lost the ravens game and eagles game the following week would not have meant as much and people would have called it a choke, so instead because we won it is simply forgotten.

The guy plays every week on the big stage via the nature of how the league schedules us. Think its an accident the cowboys are playing at the jets and then at the niners? Think its an accident in a year where the giants and jets play each other Dallas gets sent to ny to lose on the 10th anniversary? Even rick gosselin thinks as much and he cant stand this organization.

SImply go back and look at what he has done.

The week 1 outrage is misplaced and stupid. We are all frustrated but to label him a choker and say he is no good is wrong. I do agree he shouldnt ever allow that fumble there, but he has made that same play for a touchdown repeated times at critical moments and no one remembers it. Just the negative plays.

Reaction score
I'm not saying he's never won a road game.

Winning in November is a lot different than winning on the road in January, or late December.

Idgit

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Ok. Now that I'm off the ipad and can see the video: thanks, theebs. Is Coach Joe getting senile, or is the informational content of his analysis always been 'almost zero'? The breakdown of Tony's pick on NFL.com is a lot better. With Revis taking the inside leverage, and what looks like single coverage on Bryant, the back-shoulder pass is a reasonable throw here. Then the Jets slide the S over, Revis jumps the route b/c he's got help over the top, and Bryant doesn't come back. Still all on Tony, but at least it helps to understand the decision.

Also, as someone who's not local, Gina's kinda hot. And Steve Dennis' beard looks like he's trying hard to grow something that occurs naturally around my asshole. He's such a dick.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Ok. Now that I'm off the ipad and can see the video: thanks, theebs. Is Coach Joe getting senile, or is the informational content of his analysis always been 'almost zero'? The breakdown of Tony's pick on NFL.com is a lot better. With Revis taking the inside leverage, and what looks like single coverage on Bryant, the back-shoulder pass is a reasonable throw here. Then the Jets slide the S over, Revis jumps the route b/c he's got help over the top, and Bryant doesn't come back. Still all on Tony, but at least it helps to understand the decision.

Also, as someone who's not local, Gina's kinda hot. And Steve Dennis' beard looks like he's trying hard to grow something that occurs naturally around my asshole. He's such a dick.

coach joe's information is almost always zero. He had the game film and still didnt break down the plays.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I'm not saying he's never won a road game.

Winning in November is a lot different than winning on the road in January, or late December.

I dont follow this line of thought. An important game is an important game.

and following your logic here, why be upset about the jets game it was in september and why apply it to him not handling big situations in january?

I am making a video tonight on some of this stuff... its like therapy for me or something. anyway I hope I can finish it tonight...something along the lines of the believe videos from 09.

Reaction score
Yes.

I am still making the video though....

I'll look forward to it. It's not my nature to be an angry fan.

I'd love to have my faith restored in Romo. And I'd love to be proven wrong about what I think about Romo. But it's going to take a Super Bowl trip to get me there. And that isn't happening in 2011.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I agree, theebs. The fumble hurt more than the pick. Romo, like all QBs, makes mistakes in the clutch on occasion. Because he's taking greater risks at those times because it's necessary. He's on national tv three or four times as much as some other QBs, and he's played on a sloppy team that keeps making the mistakes that get them beat. He's part of those mistakes, but hardly alone in that boat.

He's more than capable of winning the big game, but it's not going to happen until the whole team learns to play smarter football. I think that's happening, but that's what makes a game like Sunday's in NY so hard to take.

It's necessary to score a TD late in the 4th when you're up by 7 by forcing a pass?

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I'll look forward to it. It's not my nature to be an angry fan.

I'd love to have my faith restored in Romo. And I'd love to be proven wrong about what I think about Romo. But it's going to take a Super Bowl trip to get me there. And that isn't happening in 2011.

Man I started cutting some plays and audio and looking for clips and realized it is just too much to do right now. By the time I import all the clips and start editing it will be 3 AM. I dont have it in me tonight to stay up all night and put this together....I may do it over the next few days before the monday game against the skins.....

Hopefully we find a way to win in SF.

Top Bottom