cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I just came back from watching the Washington Huskies 3-hour practice up close.

Shaq Thompson, who I've seen at various camps since his junior year in HS, is as advertised...athletic, quick, strong. On one scrimmage play, he blitzed the A gap and pushed a much bigger guard about five yards back into the QB, killing the play. He will be long gone before we pick; he is going to be a NFL difference maker.

Danny Shelton is walking around with two tree trunks for legs. Still think he fits a need for us at the bottom of the 1st round.

I really enjoyed watching Hau'oli Kikaha practice. He's a Romo-like class clown and enjoys messing with his teammates and keeping them loose in practice. I guess there are still some injury concerns since he wore a yellow jersey(no contact) for half of the practice. In 7-on-7's and then in Team, he took off the yellow jersey and went full speed. He is definitely explosive, leans well, and is stronger than I would have guessed. I wish he was heavier, but I could still him being a pass-rushing RDE.

A lesser known player is cornerback Travell Dixon who played for our defensive coordinator before transferring to Washington. He initially played at Alabama before going the JuCo route. I've seen him before in civilian clothes and thought he was an awfully big corner (6-1/195), but he definitely looks the part on the field. Travell said he will be playing in the NFLPA Bowl on January 17th.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I'm a coach and wannabe scout. A football player's size is kind of the first thing you notice when recruiting/scouting.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
I'm a coach and wannabe scout. A football player's size is kind of the first thing you notice when recruiting/scouting.

Please don't let yourself go the same route as that jackass that used to claim he was a NFL scout, Couchscout I think. Sdogo was a wannabe as well. CS really fell apart when he found out that he was being used.

Top Bottom