ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
:lol Too funny. I can just see Tony going over film with Jerry in a dark room, Jerry taking notes on what to look for.

Wonder where Will McClay was during all this. :lol

No pressure, Tony. You not only have to play QB, but coach and GM, too.

==========================================

Jerry Jones: Tony Romo says he can help find Cowboys' next QB after his career is over

The Dallas Morning News

By Brandon George Follow @DMN_George bgeorge@dallasnews.com
Staff Writer
Published: 06 November 2015 02:00 PM
Updated: 06 November 2015 02:00 PM

IRVING - Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said his No. 1 challenge in business moving forward is to find a replacement for Tony Romo when the franchise quarterback has finished his career.

But at least Romo is willing to help. Jones said Friday on KRLD-FM that Romo has told him he'd help find his replacement when the time is right.

Jones also said he recently spent four hours talking to Romo about what he'd look for in a college quarterback entering the NFL draft.

"Tony, in real genuineness said, 'We're not ready for the quarterback,' and he doesn't look sheepish when he says it, 'but when we are don't worry about it, I'll find him for you,'" Jones said.

"And by the way, I've spent in one case recently about four hours with him going over all the things he'd look for in a college quarterback as far as one for the future. So I give him a lot of credence, I really do, unbelievable as to how he's studied it."

Romo, 35, is signed through the 2019 season. He's missed the Cowboys' last five games because of a fractured left collarbone. He's scheduled to return for the Cowboys' Nov. 22 game at Miami.

The Cowboys have gone 0-5 without Romo in starting Brandon Weeden and now Matt Cassel.

"I really thought we had the quarterback that out of the last five games," Jones said, "we could win two or three of them."

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Jerruh said:
Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said his No. 1 challenge in business moving forward is to find a replacement for Tony Romo when the franchise quarterback has finished his career.
NO, motherfucker! That time is NOW not after Tony is finished!

Reaction score
That's the problem with Jerry as GM. He has no football IQ and doesn't know what he himself wants or looks for in a player. So he's easily swayed and impressed by anyone who can make a compelling argument.

It's long been said Jerry usually listens to the last person he talks to.

Top Bottom