Reaction score
Seriously, it's the talk of the sports world. There's even a sports book on the East Coast that is refunding bets because of it.

The Cowboys have been hosed like that regularly the last decade. Some of the doozies, once in a lifetime, and downright X-Files worth calls and non calls for the Cowboys put to shame the Saints getting hosed this one time, but nobody ever gives a damn besides Cowboys fans when the refs screw Dallas.

Yeah, I think the Saints got hosed big time, but why are they more important than Dallas when it comes to this kind of thing? Why do they rate concern, but the Cowboys only receive scorn when pointing out that a bad call robbed them?

Reaction score
Forgot to add (starting at 0:25):

"What about me? What about Raven?"

That kinda gives the emotional side I wanted to convey in my first post.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Two eyglass companies now offering free eye exams nationwide, to all NFL officials.

Love it, shades of Don Draper.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Hilariously, now sportswriters everywhere are crying "The officiating is horrible this year!!!".
This year??

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
All I heard all day when it came to yesterday's games was either the missed pi call against the Rams or how Pats/Chiefs gave people new ammo to throw a fit about the overtime rules. I guess breaking down the actual reasons the games ended up as they did isn't exciting enough...

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
All I heard all day when it came to yesterday's games was either the missed pi call against the Rams or how Pats/Chiefs gave people new ammo to throw a fit about the overtime rules. I guess breaking down the actual reasons the games ended up as they did isn't exciting enough...
Yeah, I told all my friends back when they were soooo happy getting the idiot OT rules they wanted, that next they'll be screaming for still more when some team just wins the toss, then marches 75 yards in 12 plays for the game ending TD, game over. They were like "noooo, that'll never happen and if it did the losing team deserves to lose."

My exact argument that under the old rules, if you fucking failed to stop them and allowed points on the first drive you deserve to lose. I bet they're among the ones today now screaming they need still more OT rules to stop real football teams from winning the way the Pats did Sunday.

Maveric

Quality Starter
Reaction score
My exact argument that under the old rules, if you fucking failed to stop them and allowed points on the first drive you deserve to lose. I bet they're among the ones today now screaming they need still more OT rules to stop real football teams from winning the way the Pats did Sunday.

Yep, the Kansas City Chiefs lost that game, not the Kansas City Mahomes.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
overtime should just be another 10 minute quarter

it duplicates the pressure and strategy of the 4th quarter without any sudden death

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

The league office much prefers that angle as opposed to "the league is fixing games"

They promote it that way, stupid media sheep go out with their marching orders.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
overtime should just be another 10 minute quarter

it duplicates the pressure and strategy of the 4th quarter without any sudden death

They should have never fucked with it to begin with. It was fine the way it was. The crying over "it's unfair that team didn't even get to possess the ball". Well shit, maybe if your defense would have stopped them, you'd have got to possess the ball.

Nobody cares about tie games during the regular season anyway. As long as postseason games get to a winner, just leave the format alone.

Everything this fucktard Goodell has done has made the game worse.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Hilariously, now sportswriters everywhere are crying "The officiating is horrible this year!!!".
This year??

Yeah, don't recall them talking about horrible officiating in 1975, 1978, 1994, 2014 or 2016 postseasons when our team got royally fucked by bad calls.

Reaction score
Now there's talk of a lawsuit about this. A missed call that happens multiple times per year. Where are the lawsuits for the penalty on Ladeucer, or the Delay of Game on defense, or the leading with the helmet by Zeke, or the admittance of a hold by a defender only to have it excused by the ref since he thought the hold did not effect the play, or the weird huddle call against us in the playoffs, or... you get my reasoning here.

It's okay if the Cowboys get screwed. We deserve it just for being the Dallas Cowboys. But don't ever screw a darling over. Then the world has to change.

Fucking makes me sick. My ideal dream is a new league that the Cowboys switch to.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I saw a blurb somewhere stating that some sports books were refunding money because of the call

That is hilarious

Ok New Orleans

Just take your lumps like the rest of us and move on. It happens to every team. Every year. Repeatedly. Get over it!

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I saw a blurb somewhere stating that some sports books were refunding money because of the call

That is hilarious

Ok New Orleans

Just take your lumps like the rest of us and move on. It happens to every team. Every year. Repeatedly. Get over it!
Yeah the problem is though, this wasn't just a routine game and it wasn't a missed call that was in any way questionable. The foul was especially blatant and happened at a critical moment of a conference title game. It's got tons more prominence than any bad/missed call since the stupid one with the replacement refs years ago. It's a big beef because it sticks out like a turd in a punch bowl.

Comparing it to typical bad/missed calls is like comparing a pissant to an elephant. We havent been in a game with anywhere near this importance for 23 years.

This gets special attention because it is due special attention.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yeah the problem is though, this wasn't just a routine game and it wasn't a missed call that was in any way questionable. The foul was especially blatant and happened at a critical moment of a conference title game. It's got tons more prominence than any bad/missed call since the stupid one with the replacement refs years ago. It's a big beef because it sticks out like a turd in a punch bowl.

Comparing it to typical bad/missed calls is like comparing a pissant to an elephant. We havent been in a game with anywhere near this importance for 23 years.

Dez and the 2014 Cowboys beg to differ with you

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The NFL changed the rules to justify that robbery, then changed them back after the heat died down. Every bit as critical as this Saints Rams call.
They even admitted they blew that call

I get Saints fans being pissed. It just happened

Hell, we still have Cowboy fans that bitch about the Dez call every chance they get

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Hell, we still have Cowboy fans that bitch about the Dez call every chance they get

Well gee, maybe it's because it was a shitty and completely illogical call at the time it happened.

He caught the fucking ball, period. End of discussion.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

It doesn't matter when the fucking game was, the fact was it was a shitty call. Just like the garbage in the 2016 GB game. Just like the non PI call on Deion in 1994. Just like the crap vs the Stealers in 75 and 78.

Top Bottom