ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Cowboys The Star |

Take a look at this. I've never seen such ridiculous BS in my life.

A few exceprts:

A limited number of memberships are being offered to join a first-of-its-kind private members club. This is where the country club meets the NFL. The venue boasts multiple bars and dining options, including a patio and rooftop pool, all overlooking the Dallas Cowboys practice fields.

The Star is a 91 acre campus that hosts the experience-driven Dallas Cowboys World Headquarters. The Star offers an experience for fans worldwide to look inside the entire operation of the Dallas Cowboys.

The members-only events within the club include coach, executive and player chalk talks, covering business and football operations, from the driving vision of owner Jerry Jones, to a breakdown of the team’s draft picks. Family themed nights, game rooms, whiskey-tasting, and the ultimate watch parties throughout the year will give the members a calendar that will engage their family, friends, and clients.

Yeah, I'm just about to the point of hoping this team fails. Sue me.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It won't fail. Fools will spend good money for this because they have good money to burn I guess. Jerry continues to sell his product and live off the reputation Landry, Tex and Jimmy built.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
It won't fail. Fools will spend good money for this because they have good money to burn I guess. Jerry continues to sell his product and live off the reputation Landry, Tex and Jimmy built.

I think it said all the memberships were already sold out. What in the actual hell. Why would people want to flush their money so they can watch Dak Prescott throw passes to Gavin Escobar?

And how can any serious football team sell poolside seats to watch practice? (I know the answer to that.)

I can't believe the real architects of the franchise Garrett and McClay would design this, but they obviously did.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
While other teams are trying to win championships, Dallas will have their coaches and players give chalk talks to asshole fans

What could go wrong?

I'm just glad the owners got a bigger piece of the pie last CBA. Not sure they could of kept the lights on without it. NFL might have just folded

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Yeah, all of these members will be sworn to secrecy too. If, and that's a big if, the Cowboys were contending it will be great to know the gameplan will be practiced in front of rich dudes who would never ever ever give up that information to an opposing team.

Fucking circus.

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I'm betting most of those were bought by corporations, just like most of the season tickets. Jerry's not dumb. He knows the majority of his fans wouldn't pay for that shit.

I still remember in 2011 (I believe) when they showed Jerry on the big screen at the giants game, and the entire stadium booed him. I could hear it all the way in Rangers Parking Lot A.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I can't believe the real architects of the franchise Garrett and McClay would design this, but they obviously did.

you cant possibly believe if they were opposed to any part of this, they could have made a difference. jeri is always gonna be a bull in a china shop trampling as much money out of the fans as possible

I'm with you on the losing part, my disgust for jeri and his minions is so great, it may have over taken the desire to see my team win

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
I still remember in 2011 (I believe) when they showed Jerry on the big screen at the giants game, and the entire stadium booed him.
Yep and to this day his visage never appears on the big screen during games - lustful boos have always resulted, so now he doesn't allow it.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I still remember in 2011 (I believe) when they showed Jerry on the big screen at the giants game, and the entire stadium booed him.

That was the greatest part of that season.

The delicious irony of that fucker being unable to show his ugly mug on the shrine he built for himself is a subtle salve to the pain caused by his existence

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
That and he had fans kicked out who were leading ant-Jerry chants.

He's a chump.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I am sure if you check ancestry.com you will find P T Barnum in the Jones family lineage.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I never heard this, where'd you get this story?

It was on a Dallas radio station, I think during the 2013 season. Fan called in saying he was forced to leave by stadium security for trying to start a "Fire Jerry" chant.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
It was on a Dallas radio station, I think during the 2013 season. Fan called in saying he was forced to leave by stadium security for trying to start a "Fire Jerry" chant.

shouldn't surprise me considering he's such an insecure prick

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
you cant possibly believe if they were opposed to any part of this, they could have made a difference. jeri is always gonna be a bull in a china shop trampling as much money out of the fans as possible
There may have been some sarcasm there...

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
What? He's a classic narcissist. The exact opposite.

disagree, it takes massive insecurity to have the level of success he has had yet still feel the need to steel others thunder and grab the limelight for things he didn't do

boozeman

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Eh, I don't know what you guys are getting worked up over. After a couple of years, the novelty will wear off. The prices will drop and then the asshole fans get a sit down brunch with Spaulding.

Reaction score
Can you imagine when Garrett is finally fired, Jerry trying to convince a real football coach that he needs to schedule time every week to have "chalk talk" with fans.

What a fucking joke this franchise is.

Top Bottom