Reaction score
Crawford, Lawrence, Thompson, Wilson, Vander Esch, and now Iloka are all former Boise State players. The Cowboys have made Kellen Moore the Boise State vs. Oklahoma hero its OC.

So why are we fooling around with Jerry Jones failure with the next Tom Landry in Jason Garrett.

Undoubtedly Chris Peterson has made a big impact on the personnel department of the Dallas Cowboys. Chris Petersen is very much like Jimmy Johnson without the ego. He definitely knows football players when he sees one and will be an asset in the draft like Jimmy Johnson was in the 90's. But he is a very cerebral, offensive minded multiple offense coach. What Jimmy Johnson was to the 4-3 D in college and rebirth in the pros, Petersen has had the same impact on offense in college with multiple offenses. His coaching in the bowl game versus Oklahoma is legendary exposing the best kept secret in college football. It got him hired as the University of Washington's Head Coach.

Chris Peterson has now made the Washington Huskies relevant, and got a BCS play off birth with 3 PAC 10 championships in a row. His coaching style has been revered for not yelling and tearing down players but being a teacher that demands excellence (very Tom Landry like).

Garrett has done nothing but made the Guinness book of world records for the most hand claps in a football game. He is not a contributor to draft personnel, and he has no innovations or great games as a strategy Head Coach.

So why wait 1 year for the inevitable. Chris Petersen has his players and his offensive coordinator already waiting for him in Dallas.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I am Petersen fan but it wont happen. Likely Garrett's last year in a decade of mediocrity but keep readng Sean Payton or Lincoln Riley. I'd take either one at this point.

Cortlan

Spectator
Reaction score
What blows my mind is that the majority of the fan base has reached the same conclusion about Garrett, yet executive management continue to throw their full support behind him. Are they watching the same games that we are.

Garrett is not a coach. Take away his headset during game and he would be completely lost.

Reaction score
What blows my mind is that the majority of the fan base has reached the same conclusion about Garrett, yet executive management continue to throw their full support behind him. Are they watching the same games that we are.

Garrett is not a coach. Take away his headset during game and he would be completely lost.
Jerry Jones had Garrett learn on the job as a OC and then as HC. Neither worked. When Garrett is fired no one in the NFL will hire him as an OC or HC.

I had hopes when the team looked like it played for him in 2010 but he completely failed.

Cortlan

Spectator
Reaction score
Jerry Jones had Garrett learn on the job as a OC and then as HC. Neither worked. When Garrett is fired no one in the NFL will hire him as an OC or HC.

I had hopes when the team looked like it played for him in 2010 but he completely failed.

You’re absolutely right. This is about as good as he will have it.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

No team will hire him as an HC, because he sucks at it. No HC will hire him as an OC --- because he sucks at that AND because he's a backstabber.

Top Bottom