Reaction score
Inside linebacker Sean Lee agreed to terms on a four-year contract Friday, meaning all of the Dallas Cowboys draft picks will report for the opening of training camp.

Lee, selected in the second round with the 55th overall pick, was the last of the Cowboys' seven picks to agree to a contract. The Cowboys open training camp Saturday in San Antonio.

Financial terms of Lee's deal were not immediately known.

The Cowboys gave up their fourth-round pick to move up four spots in the second round to draft Lee. They ranked the former Penn State linebacker as the No. 16 player on their draft board.

The 6-foot-1, 236-pound Lee will compete with Jason Williams, the Cowboys' third-round pick last year, to fill the nickel linebacker role this season. Lee will back up veterans Keith Brooking and Bradie James, but Wade Phillips has said he expects the rookie to get significant playing time this season.

Tim MacMahon covers the Cowboys for ESPN Dallas. You can follow him on Twitter or leave a question for his weekly mailbag.

C

Cr122

Nice, I am a big Sean Lee fan.

Glad to hear everyone is signed and ready to go.

C

Cr122

Okay. Now time to blow out the knee.

I don't think it will happen.

Yeah, sure it could because of his past injuries.

Players have been in these situations before and have been fine and that's where I will guess he'll be.

I don't know what is about Lee, I just think he's going to be a very good player for us.

Reaction score

Players have been in these situations before and have been fine and that's where I will guess he'll be.

I don't know what is about Lee, I just think he's going to be a very good player for us.

You're probably just an uber-homer like me.

I firmly believe we nabbed two cornerstone players for the next 10 years in Bryant and Lee.

In 20 years . . . this draft class will rank right up there with the best this organization has ever had.

7222007114551pm.jpg

C

Cr122

You're probably just an uber-homer like me.

I firmly believe we nabbed two cornerstone players for the next 10 years in Bryant and Lee.

In 20 years . . . this draft class will rank right up there with the best this organization has ever had.

7222007114551pm.jpg

The only thing about this past years draft I didn't like was, we didn't address the offensive line more. I like Young but he isn't special.

sbk92

Reaction score

He blew out the knee then came back the next year and sprained the other one.

Plus he's white. And from Penn St.

All huge red flags for me.

C

Cr122

He blew out the knee then came back the next year and sprained the other one.

Plus he's white. And from Penn St.

All huge red flags for me.

Yes, yes I know how you feel about white linebackers. lol

sbk92

Reaction score
It's more Penn St. players. It seems like they bust more than others.

And the knee thing. When you blow one out one year and sprain the other the next, you might be prone to it.

Reaction score
Penn State linebackers/runningbacks.

Florida QB's and Receivers.

Texas any position.

It is ironic how certain schools seem to put out busts at certain positions with regularity.

That said . . . it's going to take more than that trend to extinguish the flames of my man crush on Sean Lee.

C

Cr122

It's more Penn St. players. It seems like they bust more than others.

And the knee thing. When you blow one out one year and sprain the other the next, you might be prone to it.

There's bound to be a good LB come out of Penn State soon.

I think Sean Lee is it. If not, oh fucking well I was wrong again. Nothing new here to see.

Color me a Homer I guess.

C

Cr122

Texas any position.

It is ironic how certain schools seem to put out busts at certain positions with regularity.

That said . . . it's going to take more than that trend to extinguish the flames of my man crush on Sean Lee.

That pretty much sums it up, fans had a man crush on Carpenter we are leaning towards Lee.

I've been wrong before. No big deal.

sbk92

Reaction score
I'll say one thing for Lee, he seems like a coach on the field. Do some background on the guy. Listen to his interviews. He seems destined for a career in coaching.

sbk92

Reaction score

Texas any position.

USC's offensive linemen have a checkered past too.

I've never looked into it. Maybe there aren't more busts from Penn St. But living near the area all my life it seems like there's been a ton of highly touted players from there that didn't pan out in the NFL.

C

Cr122

USC's offensive linemen have a checkered past too.

I've never looked into it. Maybe there aren't more busts from Penn St. But living near the area all my life it seems like there's been a ton of highly touted players from there that didn't pan out in the NFL.

I forgot you are from that area, maybe you do know more about those Penn St. players.

I just hope you are wrong about Sean Lee's knees going out, because besides the past injuries he's a pretty damn good football player.

I just hope it carries over to the NFL.

Top Bottom