LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
CONGRATS.

After Posting 14 Tackles, Lee Named NFC Defensive Player Of The Week | Dallas Cowboys

After Posting 14 Tackles, Lee Named NFC Defensive Player Of The Week

Wednesday, September 23, 2015 9:33 AM CDT

IRVING, Texas – Linebacker Sean Lee has been named the NFC Defensive Player of the Week for his dominant 14-tackle performance in the Cowboys’ 20-10 victory over the Eagles.

Lee’s 14 tackles were the fifth-highest single-game total of his career. He added two tackles for loss, two pass deflections, and he intercepted quarterback Sam Bradford in the end zone to keep the Eagles scoreless in the third quarter.
Lee also recovered the Eagles’ onside kick with just over a minute remaining to allow the Cowboys to run out the clock for their second win of the season.

Asked how Lee graded out on film, head coach Jason Garrett said, “I think he broke the (team’s) production points record by 20-plus points in the game. I don’t want to get into the whole grading thing, but it was awfully good.
“He’s a great football player, he really is. It’s great to have him back.”

Overall, the Cowboys’ defense held the Eagles to 226 total yards of offense and limited running back DeMarco Murray to 2 yards on 13 carries. Bradford had a 65.6 passer rating with one touchdown and two interceptions.

Reaction score
He deserved it. That int in the end zone basically iced the game. Whatever "momentum" the Eagles had started to gain at that point went out the window.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
There's no substitute for him actually. Easy to get fooled into thinking so when he is gone for extended periods, but he's hell when he's well.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I thought people had sort of forgotten how great he is because of how long he was out. He's phenomenal. All those INTs he gets are worth a lot more than big hits.

Reaction score
He quietly dismantles the strength of any offense. You might not realize that he is a part of so many tackles and plays until you see the tackling stats. I have him as individual defensive points and he gave me 15.5 points. He missed a tackle on Donnell in the Giant game but the next time Donnell had the ball, Lee just ripped him down.

It's almost not going to be fair having Lee and McClain back there.

Reaction score
Yeah, obviously Lee was crazy good last Sunday.

This defense really could turn out to be outstanding. With Hardy, McClain, Gregory in the mix .. the continued development of Byron Jones ... the continued health of Lee .... etc.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He quietly dismantles the strength of any offense. You might not realize that he is a part of so many tackles and plays until you see the tackling stats. I have him as individual defensive points and he gave me 15.5 points. He missed a tackle on Donnell in the Giant game but the next time Donnell had the ball, Lee just ripped him down.

It's almost not going to be fair having Lee and McClain back there.

Like having a DC in the huddle. As you mentioned of how he is able to break down plays, you cannot teach that.

Putting him at the Will has to be certainly one of the best offseason moves by this club.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
He simply makes arrangements to be at the ball. And to be unfriendly when he gets there.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Lee is like a ghost out there. All of a sudden you see him slip a block to make a play at or behind the LOS. With his smarts plus his quickness; he is just 2 steps ahead of everyone else.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
truly great player...hopefully this is his year to be out there every week

has to be one of the smartest LB's in the league..

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He's a beast! I'm just glad he's on our team and not someone we have to face twice a year

hstour

Spectator
Reaction score
He'll be even better this year at weakside where he can stay out of the wash and attack the play directly.

You saw it against Philly when he would diagnose the play and head straight to the RB in the backfield.

Top Bottom