C

Cr122

Updated: July 29, 2010, 10:34 AM ET
Report: Young won't be disciplined

ESPN.com news services

Tennessee Titans quarterback Vince Young will not be disciplined by the NFL for his involvement in a June 13 altercation at a Dallas-area strip club, the Tennessean reported.

AFC South blog

Kuharsky ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky writes about all things AFC South in his division blog.

• Blog network: NFL Nation

The newspaper, which cited sources familiar with the situation, reported that an official NFL announcement is expected sometime this week.

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell had said in late June that Young, a first-time legal offender who received a misdemeanor citation for assault, was unlikely to be suspended.

Surveillance video footage released by Dallas police showed the quarterback and several people talking in a small room before Young attacked someone in the room. Young has apologized and said he hoped he wouldn't receive a suspension.

"I pray to God that Roger Goodell doesn't come down hard on me, because I definitely want to be here for my teammates," Young said when he apologized.

Young, the No. 3 pick overall in 2006, got his starting job back last fall when Tennessee started 0-6 and owner Bud Adams put him back in the lineup. Young helped the Titans win eight of their final 10 games and heads into his fifth NFL season with a 26-13 record as a starter.

Top Bottom