C

Cr122

Posted at 11:43 AM on Wed., Jul. 28, 2010 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Todd Archer / Reporter Bio | E-mail | News tips

Ray Sherman is in his 24th year in the NFL as an assistant coach and fourth with the Cowboys. He has coached some of the game's best wide receivers - Jerry Rice, Randy Moss , Cris Carter, John Taylor, Terrell Owens - but he says the group he has this year is the most talented he's had.

"I think we've got a little more talent than we had in Minnesota, little more than I had in Green Bay and even in San Francisco," Sherman said. "Overall, talent-wise as a group. Now we had some individuals that were very talent but overall talent is probably the best."

Sherman is separating talent from production. He's not calling this the best group he's had because it has yet to produce. But with Miles Austin , Roy Williams, Dez Bryant , Patrick Crayton, Sam Hurd and Kevin Ogletre, the Cowboys can go deeper than most and feel good about who is on the field.

Tony Romo has called it the deepest group in the NFL.

Austin has been to a Pro Bowl and has had a solid start to camp. Williams has been much better the last two days. Bryant has been electric. Crayton has been the same guy he's always been. Hurd and Ogletree have been OK, too, but perhaps not as flashy.

We'll have to go back to Sherman after the season to see if this is the best.

"Time will tell," Sherman said. "I can't say that right now. We have to wait and see."

C

Cr122

Yeah I would say it's premature to say this is his best ever group.

at least not yet.

Top Bottom