LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Due to heat exhaustion.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...gregory-exits-practice-due-to-heat-exhaustion

By Dan Hanzus.

NFL lesson No. 1 for Randy Gregory: Stay hydrated, kid.

Gregory, the Cowboys' high-profile second-round pick, was forced to exit the second session of rookie minicamp on Friday due to heat exhaustion. NFL Network cameras captured a groggy-looking Gregory slowly walking off the field with team trainers.

Temperatures were in the mid-to-upper 80s with high humidity at the Cowboys' facility in Irving. Before his exit, Gregory spoke to reporters about the challenge of practicing in the Texas heat.

"I think I haven't moved since I got here, as far as this seat here. I'm real tired," he told NFL Media's Desmond Purnell between workouts. "The humidity kind of caught up with me. I'm a little out of shape. ... Hopefully practice will be a little bit better."

It wasn't. Gregory was one of several players who came off the field, including third-round pick Chaz Green.

"Tempo is not much different than in college," Gregory went on. "Like I said, the heat was getting me. I'm hydrated, actually was kind of cramping up when we got into special teams so just got to hydrate more. ... In college we had a chance to get on our knee, take our helmet off. Can't really do that here so I'm trying to get used to that but I'm having fun and that's the main thing."

Cowboys coach Jason Garrett confirmed the players left practice due to dehydration issues.

"It's hot," Garrett said, according to The Dallas Morning News. "Fast tempo."

Translation: Get used to it.

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Sorry, but it's not even fucking hot yet. What a pussy.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Think it was the humidity. They said several players had problems with dehydration and cramping.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
saw his interview at dc.com. he's surprisingly well-spoken .. for an athlete

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Guess I must have missed where those teams never have players struggle with cramps or dehydration etc etc.
Guess I missed where I said other teams never have this happen.

I don't think this is a big deal. Pretty sure Dez had these same issues his first minicamp. Just don't blame it on the oppressive conditions, because this wasn't bad at all.

Top Bottom