C

Cr122

MAY 16
9:09 AM CT
By Calvin Watkins

The lockout continues for at least another week, and with no OTAs or minicamps to worry about we have some thoughts on the Cowboys.

There are stories coming out about Tony Romo being a team leader. The reality is Romo has always been a leader, but he's more of a behind-the-scenes kind of guy. Romo reached out to his teammates and the 2011 draft class and invited them to workouts. As the quarterback of the team, that's what he's supposed to do. Does that earn him more respect in the locker room? Probably not. Victories will earn Romo more respect. One of the more interesting stats regarding Romo's career is that he's 39-22 as a starter. Among active quarterbacks, only four have a better record: Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger, Phillip Rivers and Donovan McNabb. The big difference between Romo and these men is that they have played in at least one Super Bowl. The 2011 season is one for Romo to take his team to either a Super Bowl or at least the conference title game.

It will be interesting to see how linebacker Sean Lee develops in 2011. Lee is a strong-side inside linebacker who might supplant Bradie James one day. James is in the last year of his contract and is scheduled to make $4 million this year. There was nothing wrong with how James played last season. He battled through nagging injuries and never complained, but you got a sense he could see the writing on the wall. Lee had health issues himself last season but the team is high on his abilities to make plays. If Lee starts out fast, at least in the preseason, would new defensive coordinator Rob Ryan make the bold move to start him over James? I doubt it.

What happened to the great sports bar? My friend Ralph Harper from Plano, Texas, who hosts some of the best fight parties around, was breaking down what's wrong with them: No bands. Bad food. Small flat-screen TVs. If the Cowboys and the city of Arlington want to build up the area around Cowboys Stadium, we hope they follow what Harper said when it comes to sports bars.

Reaction score
I thought Lee looked really good down the stretch. Proved he was athletic enough to handle some coverage duties, and show a good range in getting to the ball carrier. I have high hopes...

Reaction score
I thought Lee looked really good down the stretch. Proved he was athletic enough to handle some coverage duties, and show a good range in getting to the ball carrier. I have high hopes...

Lee's a stud. I've loved this pick since jumpstreet.

And you can rest assured... I'm flawless with my player evaluations.

C

Cr122

Lee's already proven he can play despite the past knee injuries.

Having said that he'll be a starter once James is gone.

sbk92

Reaction score
He has to prove he can stay healthy. Last year was the 3rd straight year he missed time. And it's not like he even played much.

MichaelWinicki

In the Rotation
Reaction score
He has to prove he can stay healthy. Last year was the 3rd straight year he missed time. And it's not like he even played much.

That's a valid point.

You aren't helping the team from the trainer's room.

Top Bottom