yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
How the fuck do we elect such stupid people to run a country?

because most rational human beings with a life want nothing to do with our fucked up government and political system

the problem is by abdicating the responsibility to others (which I am guilty of) the void is filled by lunatics who dont have a fucking clue what it takes to actually make something, run a business, manage budget, create jobs, etc

and correct me if I am wrong but I believe every source of income is ultimately derived from the production of some type of product. From products, taxes are derived, additional types of work are created but nothing happens without someone producing something to which the parasitical nature of support roles and governments derive their income but of course this is never discussed nor is the basic concept of personal responsibility for your actions

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
because most rational human beings with a life want nothing to do with our fucked up government and political system

the problem is by abdicating the responsibility to others (which I am guilty of) the void is filled by lunatics who dont have a fucking clue what it takes to actually make something, run a business, manage budget, create jobs, etc

and correct me if I am wrong but I believe every source of income is ultimately derived from the production of some type of product. From products, taxes are derived, additional types of work are created but nothing happens without someone producing something to which the parasitical nature of support roles and governments derive their income but of course this is never discussed nor is the basic concept of personal responsibility for your actions

Good post. What's funny is I often wonder about getting involved and running for an office but let's face it....you need money or you don't have a prayer. And what happens when they start talking to people who knew me 40 years ago. I mean, I'm not as bad as BB, dbair or Kavanaugh, but still.

And here come the lunatics like you said.....and these fucks can look you straight in the eye and lie. I'm still amazed that so few people are asking how Nancy Pelosi amassed 180 million dollars in wealth but believe there's a better probability of a billionaire being corrupted by foreign governments.

InternetKing

The Elite :-P
Reaction score
Source: https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/mar...russia-and-ukraine/ar-AAUENPF?ocid=entnewsntp

Elon Musk Chooses His Side Between Russia and Ukraine
TheStreet Staff - 2h ago

Elon Musk is not a CEO like the others like to say his critics and his admirers.

AAUEQdS.jpg

The former judge him to be whimsical, reproach him for being uncontrollable, and fear his unpredictable side. The latter, on the other hand, praises the fact that he is never where you expect him.

More than a week after the beginning of the invasion of Ukraine by Russia, the billionaire has just proven that he is definitely a CEO in his own right, who does not play in the same court as his peers.

If a large number of companies have announced to suspend or stop their activities or their services in Russia, their leaders have not personally taken a position in this Russian war.

And most often they explain that they have no choice but to suspend their Russian activities because of the sanctions of the United States, the European Union, and their allies.

This caution of business leaders is no different from the stance they tend to take on social issues: Stay neutral.

You have to believe that Elon Musk is not from this school.

Musk Tells Ukraine to 'Hold Strong'​

The controversial businessman has thus just chosen his side between Russia and Ukraine and made it known to his more than 76 million followers on Twitter.

"Hold Strong Ukraine", posted Tesla's chief executive officer Friday night, a message surrounded by three Ukrainian flags on the left and three others on the right.

And in case there were any doubts about his choice, Musk added a second message in which he sent his "sympathies" to "the great people of Russia, who do not want this."

Russia continued its broad offensive in Ukraine on Saturday, pummeling cities and towns into rubble, and a limited cease-fire for the besieged southern city of Mariupol, a coastal city, ended nearly as soon as it began. Ukrainian officials said Russia has violated the ceasefire agreement.

The Russian targeting of civilian infrastructure has set off a mass exodus of panicked people from cities including Kyiv, the capital, and created increasingly dire conditions for those who remain, The New York Times reports. About half a million people in Mariupol were entering their third day without heat, electricity, or water on Saturday.

Musk's choice to side with Ukraine comes days after the billionaire sent Starlink satellite internet access terminals designed by SpaceX, his other company, to Ukraine.

The billionaire had been challenged on Twitter by Mykhailo Fedorov, Ukrainian Vice Prime Minister.

Musk warned, however, that these Starlink terminals are likely the target of attacks by Russian hackers or malicious actors.

"Important warning: Starlink is the only non-Russian communications system still working in some parts of Ukraine, so the probability of being targeted is high. Please use with caution," the billionaire warned.

Tesla' Musk Warns of Cyber Attacks​

"Turn on Starlink only when needed and place antenna away as far away from people as possible," he added.

"Place light camouflage over the antenna to avoid visual detection."

Starlink, the first consumer product from Musk's SpaceX company, is high-speed internet powered by a network of thousands of small low-orbit satellites.

It enables residents of areas poorly served by the fixed and mobile networks of telecom operators to access the Internet. The thousands of small satellites circulate in low orbit -- mainly 342 miles or 550 kilometers above Earth.

The system also needs ground stations all around the globe communicating with the satellites.

Musk said Friday night he will not comply with the request of some governments -- which he did not name -- to block Russian media access to Starlink.

He explained that this decision was due to his "absolutist" respect for "free speech."

"Starlink has been told by some governments (not Ukraine) to block Russian news sources. We will not do so unless at gunpoint," he wrote. "Sorry to be a free speech absolutist."

Musk also said that SpaceX will currently focus on countering attacks on Starlink terminals and deliberate interference to disrupt communications.

"SpaceX reprioritized to cyber defense & overcoming signal jamming."

Since Russia invaded Ukraine, Ukraine has been regularly targeted by cyberattacks carried out by Russian operators, according to the country's IT security agency. That's raised fears for the country's telecommunications networks.

Musk's plan to turn SpaceX, his rocket and space tech company, into a firm capable of transporting people to the moon and Mars rests on the profitability of Starlink.

SpaceX has already launched more than 2,000 Starlink satellites, with an overall goal of launching about 12,000.

This article was originally published by TheStreet.

InternetKing

Reaction score

Italy seizes $156 million worth of yachts and villas belonging to Russian oligarchs​

Associated Press - 2h ago

ASSOCIATED PRESS
European governments are moving against Russian oligarchs to pressure Russian President Vladimir Putin to back down on his war in Ukraine, seizing superyachts and other luxury properties from billionaires on sanctions lists.

AAUEV9Y.jpg

Italy since Friday has seized 143 million euros ($156 million) in luxury yachts and villas in some of its most picturesque destinations, including Sardinia, the Ligurian coast and Lake Como.

“We must be able to stop Putin’s attack, bringing him to the table, and he won’t go with niceties,” Italian Foreign Minister Luigi Di Maio told Italian state TV on Friday, announcing Italy’s plans to begin the seizures of property belonging to oligarchs close to Putin.

Italian financial police moved quickly seizing the superyacht “Lena” belonging to Gennady Timchenko, an oligarch close to Putin, in the port of San Remo; the 65-meter (215-foot) “Lady M” owned by Alexei Mordashov in nearby Imperia, featuring six suites and estimated to be worth 65 million euros; as well as villas in Tuscany and Como, according to government officials.

The villa of Russian-Uzbek business magnate Alisher Usmanov also was seized along the tony Emerald Coast in northern Sardinia, long the playground of the world’s wealthiest.

German officials this week denied reports that they had seized Usmanov’s yacht in the port of Hamburg. According to the British government, he also owns Beechwood House in Highgate, London, worth an estimated 48 million pounds, and the 16th-century Sutton Place estate in Surrey.
Activists say that going after the oligarchs is tantamount to going after Putin.

“Vladimir Putin keeps all his money with the oligarchs,” said William Browder, a U.S.-born and London-based financier and human rights activist who was once a major investor in Russia but ran afoul of the government in the late 2000s.

“And this is a very effective psychological warfare, to start seizing yachts. I think it’s demoralizing for the oligarchs, and it’s demoralizing for Vladimir Putin. And he’s a guy who … rules by image, you know, is the person who has pictures of himself with the shirt off on a horse. And so it’s a bad image to have one of his best friends’ yacht seized in the south of France,” Browder said.

Germany’s Economy Ministry said it was in the process of “swiftly and effectively implementing the Russia sanctions” but declined to say publicly which assets had been seized, if any.

So far, French authorities have seized a yacht linked to Igor Sechin, a Putin ally who runs the Russian oil giant Rosneft, in the Mediterranean resort of La Ciotat where it arrived in January for repairs. French officials said Thursday that the crew was preparing for urgent departure when they arrived, even through the repairs were still underway.

Britain, long a haven of oligarch wealth is under pressure to do more. Putin confidant Roman Abramovich, who owns the top-flight football club Chelsea, said this week he would put it up for sale. He has not been sanctioned, but opposition politicians and members of Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s party have asked why not.

The UK has frozen the assets of the individuals on its own list and is making changes to the law to make it easier to go after those on the lists of allies after criticism that it has been too slow to act. Still, it will take a long time to unravel, as many assets are in shell companies.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The fact that there are elected US officials who support a NFZ is unbelievable. How the fuck do we elect such stupid people to run a country?

And it's just as carzy that we won't shut off the Russian supply of oil to the US and Europe and start drilling again. Complete ideologues who have no clue of what's happening outside the beltway. Regular unleaded is over $4 a gallon in PA and it's worse in other states and rising.
Wont protect our own borders.

Wont make our own country energy independent (when we pretty much were prior to Potato Head going in office)

Insists on others wearing masks when they never do.

How do you spell DEMOCRAT?

H Y P O C R I T E

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
KYIV—While searching for his mother-in-law’s remains among the smoldering rubble of the apartment complex targeted by Russian bombers, local Ukrainian Illia Smyrnenkho expressed gratitude that he did not have to endure the atrocities of January 6th.

“The horrors Americans faced on January 6th really give you perspective,” said Smyrnenkho while adjusting the bloodied bandage that covered his mangled left eye socket. “I’ve lost family and friends to ruthless bombings, but at least no one pushed a metal barrier toward me or hit me with a plastic flag pole. I count myself lucky. We all do.”

Smyrnenkho is one of many Ukrainians who see their plight as a sunny picnic compared to January 6th, 2021, and who, alongside all of humanity, place their hope on the revered January 6th Commission’s solemn duty to leave no stone unturned in their investigation until the day after the next U.S. Presidential election.

“I truly hope the elected representatives on that committee will soon uncover what really happened on the bloodiest day in human history, so the countless people who sacrificed their lives to protect democracy as we know it will not have done so in vain,” said Smyrnenkho as he huddled with his starving children and listened to the freezing rainfall upon their makeshift tent.

InternetKing

Reaction score
8dfab707aa1791989738966e0a2e271c_1646424633_extra_large.jpeg

The website fightforua.org was launched, containing all the necessary information for citizens of foreign countries who want to join the International Defense Legion of Ukraine.

After Russia launched a large-scale military invasion of Ukraine on February 24 and began striking at civilians and infrastructure from day one, the Ukrainian state called on foreigners to join our struggle for peace and democracy in Europe and around the world.

A decree of President Volodymyr Zelenskyy on March 1, 2022 introduced a visa-free regime for entry into Ukraine for citizens of foreign countries who are willing to join the International Defense Legion of Ukraine, except for citizens of the aggressor state.

Foreigners who want to help Ukraine can find detailed step-by-step instructions on how to join the fair fight against the aggressor at https://fightforua.org/.

In particular, in order to join the International Defense Legion of Ukraine, it is necessary to apply to the Embassy of Ukraine in your country with the appropriate intention and specify what documents and clothing (equipment) are needed or recommended.

Then you need to pass an interview at the Embassy with the Defense Attaché and register a visa with the consul. Then the application for conscription into the Armed Forces of Ukraine for voluntary military service under a contract is submitted.

After that, the legionnaire will receive instructions on how to travel to Ukraine, the necessary documents and equipment. It is recommended, if available, to bring a military kit, such as clothing or its items, equipment, helmet, body armor, etc.

If necessary, representatives of embassies and consulates of Ukraine will provide assistance along the way.

Arriving at the assembly point in Ukraine, the legionnaire signs a contract and joins the International Defense Legion of Ukraine. After that, he is ready to join the battle against the invaders, along with fighters from around the world and Ukrainian soldiers.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Good post. What's funny is I often wonder about getting involved and running for an office but let's face it....you need money or you don't have a prayer. And what happens when they start talking to people who knew me 40 years ago. I mean, I'm not as bad as BB, dbair or Kavanaugh, but still.

And here come the lunatics like you said.....and these fucks can look you straight in the eye and lie. I'm still amazed that so few people are asking how Nancy Pelosi amassed 180 million dollars in wealth but believe there's a better probability of a billionaire being corrupted by foreign governments.
Unfortunately Dodger people like you and I (or some other very rationale thinking people) have no chance now.

The libtard world is united in digging up any little shred of crap they could use to squash you and once they reviewed our thoughts in various topics on this website (or other social media where you speak your mind) we'd be crushed by the machine.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
ANCHORAGE, AK—The deliberate and premeditated invasion of Ukraine by brutal dictator Vladimir Putin has forced the US to reassess the importance of energy independence. With this new resolve, the Biden Administration has taken its first step toward increasing oil production for Americans by selling Alaska back to Russia so we can start drilling for oil there again.

“Folks, nobody wants to ruin America’s beautiful Alaskan wilderness with oil trucks and drilling rigs, come on!” said President Biden in response to questions he thought were coming from a house plant in the West Wing. “But I’ve never had a problem getting oil from Russia, so there you go, go get him.”

Jen Psaki praised Biden’s brilliance in finding a solution that would prevent an energy crisis while also preventing new drilling on American land. She pointed out succinctly to journalists, “You see, it’s not American land anymore; it’s Russian land.”

Politicians on both sides of the political aisle criticized Biden for selling Alaska without giving them enough time to sneak friends and family onto the boards of newly-relevant Russian oil companies. They also voiced concern that the negotiator handling both the Alaska sale as well as managing drilling permits was Hunter Biden and not their own children.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
MOSCOW—According to sources, Russian President Vladimir Putin rolled out of bed Monday morning and headed to the bathroom where he showered, shaved, and put on his face. His face, in this case, is that of Chinese President Xi Jinping. Sources within the Kremlin confirm Putin began wearing a mask of the Chinese president to prevent further boycotts by western companies.

Putin donned the Xi mask before addressing the United Nations via Zoom. He reportedly said, "Hello, I am President Xi. I am in Russia now. Boycotting Russia is boycotting China, ok thanks bye."

According to sources, American sanctions were dropped immediately. Russia even picked up a few lucrative manufacturing contracts from Nike, Disney, and Apple. Furthermore, Bill Gates is scheduled to fly in next week to look at their network infrastructure and shore up their defense against cyber attacks.

"I never expected such a profound and immediate turnaround," Putin confessed to his staff. "This mask is magic."

After such a positive reception, Putin then began wearing the mask everywhere. He exited his residence at the Grand Kremlin Palace while wearing the Xi mask to meet with his generals to see if they had destroyed Ukraine yet.

"No, sir," said General Ouromov. "Not yet. But—I'm sorry, have you been exercising?"

"No, comrade, this is mask," answered Putin.

The generals, emboldened by their fearless leader, ordered their troops to immediately storm Ukraine's capital and put all the Ukrainians in concentration camps with the Uyghurs.

Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score

Haha. This is so true. I have so many skeletons in my closet there’s no room for my clothes! Most of it is petty stuff but I wouldn’t want my family to find out! 🤫

Top Bottom