C

Cr122

Picking Emmitt’s Top Runs Not Easy
Posted by nickeatman at 7/16/2010 1:15 PM CDT on truebluefanclub.com

For a video project that’s coming up next week, my job was to come up with a Top 10 list of Emmitt Smith’s best runs of all-time. In fact, it was made easier for me and I just get to pick my favorite runs, it doesn’t have to be THE best of all time.

Still, I don’t want to forget anything. And it’s no easy chore to come up with 10 runs from a guy that did it so well for so long.

And what makes a good run? A touchdown? A long touchdown? Lots of spin moves and broken tackles? Well there’s really no science to it. I guess we just go with the ones that stand out.

It’s a working list in progress, but here’s what I’ve got so far. I’m sure to be missing some of your favorites as well.

1 – 1995 at NY Giants – Emmitt scores right up the middle to start the season.
2 – 2002 vs. Seattle – Emmitt breaks the rushing record
3 – 1992 at Atlanta – TD run after several missed tackles, gets knocked under the stands by Deion.
4 – 1993 at NYG – Just a montage of great runs he did with a separated shoulder
5 - 1993 Super Bowl XXVIII – Emmitt’s game-tying touchdown after long drive.
6 – 1990 vs. Washington – 50-yard touchdown run, jukes out Darrell Green at the end
7 – 1992 at LA Raiders – Just a 2-yard TD run but Emmitt sheds a flying defender that hits him in the shoulder pads but doesn’t faze him.
8 – 1993 at Philadelphia – Record-breaking TD run in the rain, gives Emmitt 237 yards.
9 – 1991 vs. Washington – Longest rush of his career, a 75-yard run against Redskins
10 – 1999 at Minnesota – Two TD runs on consecutive carries, one with a broken hand.

Top Bottom