SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
From The Onion:

Thirteen-time NBA champion Phil Jackson, the man who most thoroughly embodies the idea of the basketball guru, is saying he’ll hang it up now that his Lakers have been eliminated from the playoffs. We look back on his life and career:

1945: Born in Deer Lodge, MT, where all kids could do for fun was wear suits and pace back and forth

1963: Birth of Michael Jordan

1975: While discussing plays during a timeout, Jackson decides he’d rather stay there on the sidelines than go back in and play

1990: Jackson first implements the triangle offense with his Bulls team, the triangle being comprised of three Bulls players staying the hell out of the way of Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen

1992: After winning back-to-back titles, Jackson comes up with the idea of doing it again the next year

2004: Has the pleasure of seeing Karl Malone and Gary Payton lose in the Finals

2004: After a long day of heated contract negotiations, goes home and ****s his boss's daughter repeatedly

2011: Jackson ascends to a higher plane of coaching in a bright flash of pure white energy

C

Cr122

It sucks that he's retiring, but what else does he have to prove?

Nothing.

sbk92

Reaction score
It sucks that he's retiring, but what else does he have to prove?

Nothing.

I don't know.

Maybe take over a team without the best player in the league on the roster and trying to build something.

I don't doubt he's a great coach, but his numbers are inflated due to the talent he had. If he went the Larry Brown route in his career, he might not have even won one title.

C

Cr122

I don't know.

Maybe take over a team without the best player in the league on the roster and trying to build something.

I don't doubt he's a great coach, but his numbers are inflated due to the talent he had. If he went the Larry Brown route in his career, he might not have even won one title.

I'd like him to coach the Knicks.

I highly doubt he would though, I think this is it for him.

Top Bottom