Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Fiddy Fiddy.

Vegas has us at 10-1 right now, post draft which is a big improvement over the 40-1 I was seeing before.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Or three years... While Romo is still good.

I'll say 80%. What do you say?

If we trade for he that shall not be named, pretty good chance I suspect.

Injuries are the great equalizer though. While the team is deeper, losing a guy like Romo or Dez Bryant could have a major impact.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Fiddy Fiddy.

Vegas has us at 10-1 right now, post draft which is a big improvement over the 40-1 I was seeing before.

What????!!??! I got 5.5 to 1 odds in Vegas when I bet a few weeks ago. This is why I don't bet.

Reaction score
The chances the Cowboys win a Super Bowl in the next three years? I don't think it is anywhere close to 80%

On the high end ... maybe 14%?

Rynie

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I'm at 80% too. Imagine if our dline is as good as our o-line this year, or next. We'll dominate every team.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The chances the Cowboys win a Super Bowl in the next three years? I don't think it is anywhere close to 80%

On the high end ... maybe 14%?

Fourteen? What?

No really, I'm serious. I think we win one the next two years, maybe even this one. Seattle isn't going to keep it up, and the SB loser traditionally has a bad following year. San Fran's run is over with their idiotic ousting of Harbaugh. Arizona is good but not over-the-hump good. Brees is close to done. Who else in the NFC is really scary? Green Bay I think is our only real competition.

I actually think our biggest threat is that our division plays better overall and takes more of a toll on us than it did this year, but this division could go also go totally in the tank and give us an easy path.

I could see us beating the Colts in the Superbowl. Two huge names at QB, the older guy gets his and the young guy can't feel too bad because he'll have many more chances. Everyone's happy.

Last edited:

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Barring any significant injuries I would say over 60% chance.

I agree, Seattle is probably the only team I'd say would beat us in the playoffs. Their mental toughness is hard to match. Green Bay would probably be next best but really that defense might be in worse shape than ours right now.

The NFC is weak. We definitely have a shot at getting there.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
If there was a decent running back on the team, I'd put a five grand on them right now at 10-1.

Reaction score
Dude...

It's hard to win a Super Bowl. Even the favorites of the favorites have at most a 20% chance at the beginning of the year. Next season will likely be our best shot in a while, but at most, I'm thinking like Zero... around 15%.

Too many things can happen during any given season to say anything over 20%.

Hell, it's 50-50 if you make it to the Super Bowl.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I'm obviously not talking about Vegas odds, or the pure mathematics of it. I'm talking about what you guys think the chances are. Surely it's better than 1 in 6, right? The vast majority of teams have, for all practical purposes, next to zero chance.

Who else do you guys think are our main challengers in the NFC? I'm trying to think of a young, up-and-coming team with a good QB, and I can't really come up with one. Maybe Detroit with Stafford, but somehow they aren't that impressive overall. I guess maybe Atlanta could come back, but they're the same, sort of blah. I mentioned Arizona. My Lambs will be a tough out but won't really go anywhere with Foles.

I really think it's us or GB, and I don't see their beating us twice in a row.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
It's so hard to predict who will be good year to year. If I remember correctly, GB was the best team Dallas played last year in terms of the defense having no answer for their offense. That was with a gimpy Rodgers.

I'd say the NFC goes through GB at the moment.

Dallas as defense should be vastly improved, at least on paper. Depends on how quickly the unit can gel. Mixing in that much talent in one offseason could prove tricky.

Beat GB and you should win the whole thing.

Reaction score
Being real here...

When I look at our roster, I love our chances this year. Think this year is the year, because I think Romos decline is near.

When I look at our coach, I hate our chances. Bad coaches, regardless of talent, don't win Super Bowls.

Reaction score
That's because public money jumped on Dallas after the Collins signing.

But honestly Collins doesn't improve our team THAT much. Because OL was already our strength and Leary was actually very good last year.

It isn't like we stole a top rated DT or CB or RB in UDFA. Which would helped us more.

Reaction score
Goodness. Lots of optimism here. More than I would have expected.

Whoever represents the AFC is likely to be playing well and tough to beat. I start with the assumption that if the Cowboys made the Super Bowl, they'd have a roughly a 50-50 chance of winning it.

And getting to that game is really tough. I could imagine a team like Arizona or Carolina turning out to be unexpectedly strong. Green Bay will be tough. Seattle probably too.

1 in 7 doesn't seem pessimistic to me, but I guess it is compared to some here.

Top Bottom