Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
That's as optimistic as I can be. I just don't see us doing any better.

Other side of the pancake is four wins total and I wouldn't be shocked to see it.

12 wins last year is very misleading. When you look at it, we really beat nobody and our losses were all playoff teams.

I have zero confidence in this coaching, this roster, this FO or this owner.

Where do you stand?

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
When you look at it, we really beat nobody and our losses were all playoff teams.
Save for Denver.

Four wins? Only if Dak goes down early. I'll never understand why they were so passive this off-season, esp with the NFC being the weakest in years. Wanna get rid of Cooper because he underproduces? Fine, but you better have a sound plan for replacing him. They didn't.

Kirk61

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Dallas will beat Tampa Bay and then go on to lose 5 straight. Then maybe two more wins the rest of the season. 5-11 tops

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I gotta laugh. No team with a true franchise QB wins only 4 games unless it's an outlier. Comments like these are more an indictment of Dak than anything else. 9 wins may be reasonable but I still hope for more considering what we're paying at the QB position.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The Tyron injury hurts a lot obviously, but looking at the schedule and examining the players some of our early season have at DE, it might be as catastrophic as some initially believe. The best pass rushers we face the first half of the season are Shaquil Barrett and Trey Hendrickson in weeks one and two. Maybe Hassan Reddick for Philly but he may play some LB too.

I actually think he may be missed more on the run blocking side, unless they luck out and acquire someone of note.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
hopefully the rumors are true that dak has trimmed up even more and is in the best shape of his life, because hes gonna be running for it

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Nah. Too much talent on the team and the division is too soft. Four wins is Seattle territory, not us.
Talent where? Bits and pieces on D here and there. Nothing in the receiver room, one worthwhile back. I just don't see the bevy of "talent" we're supposed to have.
I gotta laugh. No team with a true franchise QB wins only 4 games unless it's an outlier. Comments like these are more an indictment of Dak than anything else. 9 wins may be reasonable but I still hope for more considering what we're paying at the QB position.
Where's he gonna throw the ball? You got one worthwhile target. QB ain't our problem.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
now that Tyron is gone, I'm warming up to Doomsday's "four wins" prediction :tiptoe:

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Plus.... I doubt the heart, the courage, the scroat, the very manhood of these players. They're quitters and they're lazy. They're just check collectors mostly.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
That's as optimistic as I can be. I just don't see us doing any better.

Other side of the pancake is four wins total and I wouldn't be shocked to see it.

12 wins last year is very misleading. When you look at it, we really beat nobody and our losses were all playoff teams.

I have zero confidence in this coaching, this roster, this FO or this owner.

Where do you stand?
Handful of wins and a top 10 pick.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's amazing that when some pieces around Dak start to be removed, we're down to 4 win seasons. I have news for you guys. No team has all-star talent at every position. We burned a 1st round pick on Lamb, a 3rd on Tolbert and extended Gallup. We also picked up Washington. Cooper just didn't fit here at the end of his tenure and his stats were underwhelming. The biggest blow is Smith at LT but he hadn't played a full season in years so this season will be nothing new. More players are going to go down as the season progresses. If you have a true franchise QB, you'll still be in the hunt.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
we're down to 4 win seasons
I'm predicting NINE wins tops. Just to be clear. Four wouldn't surprise me though especially if Dak goes down.

More than nine wins would surprise me. Especially if it's 12 again.

Division is considered "soft" by many but I've seen the rest of the division improve while we tread water.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm saying four wins wouldn't surprise me regardless.

I'm predicting NINE wins tops. Just to be clear. Four wouldn't surprise me though especially if Dak goes down.

You're kind of saying two different things. When you say "four wins wouldn't surprise me regardless," that infers with a healthy Dak. No way with a healthy Dak do we only win 4 games. Not that I'm convinced he's a franchise QB, but he's better than 4 wins and that would surprise the hell out of me if we only won 4 games with a healthy Dak.

Like I said, your opinion reflects more on your lack of trust and faith in the QB than anything.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
You're kind of saying two different things. When you say "four wins wouldn't surprise me regardless," that infers with a healthy Dak. No way with a healthy Dak do we only win 4 games. Not that I'm convinced he's a franchise QB, but he's better than 4 wins and that would surprise the hell out of me if we only won 4 games with a healthy Dak
When you continue to read you see I call into question the character of the players. This how you win only 4 games with a healthy Dak.

But, also nobody's answered my question: where's he gonna go with the ball? We know our fatass slob of a HC won't commit to the run game. So where's the ball gonna go? Who's the target outside of CeeDee?
Like I said, your opinion reflects more on your lack of trust and faith in the QB than anything.
Not even close. Doesn't matter who your QB is when there's nobody to throw to.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
When you continue to read you see I call into question the character of the players. This how you win only 4 games with a healthy Dak.

No way this team folds due to character and only wins 4 games with a healthy Dak. There's too much talent for a 4 win team and a healthy QB, especially in a weak NFC East.

Not even close. Doesn't matter who your QB is when there's nobody to throw to.

I mentioned more than Lamb but he's the only one you mentioned. And I didn't include Shultz who we gave franchise money to. There's enough talent for Dak to throw to.

Top Bottom