Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
So I’m watching the QB episode and you have Bill Belichick and Bret Farve talking about how they grew up idolizing Roger Staubach. It’s great to hear someone like Belichick talk about Staubach and how he still doesn’t know how he was able to do the things he did, and how he followed him from when he was at Navy and all the way thru his Cowboy career. Then hearing how both Belichick and Farve grew up as Cowboy fans.

You always think of these guys as the enemy. So It was pretty cool to hear these legends of the NFL talk the same way we do about growing up as Cowboy fans.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
People don't understand how responsible Roger is for the popularity of the game and the league today. I have always thought that he would have made a great POTUS.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
So I’m watching the QB episode and you have Bill Belichick and Bret Farve talking about how they grew up idolizing Roger Staubach. It’s great to hear someone like Belichick talk about Staubach and how he still doesn’t know how he was able to do the things he did, and how he followed him from when he was at Navy and all the way thru his Cowboy career. Then hearing how both Belichick and Farve grew up as Cowboy fans.

You always think of these guys as the enemy. So It was pretty cool to hear these legends of the NFL talk the same way we do about growing up as Cowboy fans.

Belichick's dad was on the Navy staff for eons, including while Staubach was there.

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I always thought he'd make a great owner of the Dallas Cowboys.

The day that will live in infamy:

2Jq9WLS.jpg

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
I'm amazed at the number of so called sportswriters that try to discount the greatness of Roger Staubach.
Could you beat Staubach, sure.
But you better be ready to fight till there's only zeros on the clock.
He was way more than the Hail Mary.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Belichick was talking about Rodger the Dodgers scrambling and they showed some clips of his ability to get himself out of trouble

I remember watching some of those plays as a kid, but I was too young to really appreciate how amazing his ability to scramble was. Going back and watching the clips now just makes me appreciate him even more.

He was already my hero as a kid and the reason I wore #12 in every sport I played growing up

There is a signed and framed Staubach game jersey in my local sports store that I’ve been drooling over for a few years that I would love to have

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I'm amazed at the number of so called sportswriters that try to discount the greatness of Roger Staubach.
Could you beat Staubach, sure.
But you better be ready to fight till there's only zeros on the clock.
He was way more than the Hail Mary.
So called sports writers? You mean soft millennials that wouldnt know a boob from a football because they never touched either?

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
And BTW look at Staubach's numbers in an era where defenses could basically commit murder on the field and get away with it.

Yep, look at some of the hits put on Drew Pearson by the Steelers secondary in SBXIII (Jackie Smith game), most especially by Mr. Wonderful, Tony Dungy. They basically beat the shit out of Pearson all day.

Top Bottom