LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
No mention of him. Good or bad? Have to assume good, because if it were bad, it would have been mentioned.

I guess he's off to a good start.

Any take on him? Didn't get to see the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
What I saw of him when he was covering Beckham looked good. Hell, the whole secondary held him to like 40 yards... Good night for the DBs.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
They'll be tested more stringently this week than NY can muster. But yeah, overall good job - my local paper gave the secondary a B-minus.

Reaction score
I feel like I should re-watch the game. I don't really remember their offense doing much of anything. But at the same time, I don't remember our defense being especially dominant. Think we had one sack and zero turnovers.

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I actually suspect that big hit Mid's boy put on Beckham affected him the rest of the day. They barely tried anything to him after that until the end of the game on that slant play near the goal line, right?

Going to have to see more from Claiborne to give him credit yet. The couple of times I sort of watched him -- not enough to judge anything, I admit -- he was pretty grabby. He better watch the penalties against a picky officiating crew.

Reaction score
What I saw of him when he was covering Beckham looked good. Hell, the whole secondary held him to like 40 yards... Good night for the DBs.

Wilcox started it all when he knocked the piss outta that Honey Badger wanna be early..

Reaction score
Anytime you can’t remember much about a corner is a good thing.

I also liked how Patmon played. Was good to see a player actually anticipate the quick out routes. You can tell he understands what the offense is trying to do.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

I also liked how Patmon played. Was good to see a player actually anticipate the quick out routes. You can tell he understands what the offense is trying to do.

That's generally my thinking. But with Claiborne's past.... just needed to know is there improvement.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score

Patmon was more lucky than good in that game. Preston Parker (Patmon's responsibility) dropped 2 really catchable balls in the redzone to kill NY drives.

He did more trailing behind than tight coverage.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Patmon was more lucky than good in that game. Preston Parker (Patmon's responsibility) dropped 2 really catchable balls in the redzone to kill NY drives.

He did more trailing behind than tight coverage.

There were definitely a few of those plays, it may take him a few weeks to really gain confidence in what he is seeing and doing though. He looks like he has a good skill set and he has shown he will attack the ball though. I also think he looks bigger than he did last yr.

Reaction score
I actually suspect that big hit Mid's boy put on Beckham affected him the rest of the day. They barely tried anything to him after that until the end of the game on that slant play near the goal line, right?

Going to have to see more from Claiborne to give him credit yet. The couple of times I sort of watched him -- not enough to judge anything, I admit -- he was pretty grabby. He better watch the penalties against a picky officiating crew.

That was indeed a rather pro-Dallas crew on Sunday night. Refreshing.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Wilcox started it all when he knocked the piss outta that Honey Badger wanna be early..

He also got 8 stitches on his nose for the trouble! But damn that was a nice hit on their star receiver. I honestly believe that hit knocked him off his game and kept him from lighting up our secondary like he did last year

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
He also got 8 stitches on his nose for the trouble! But damn that was a nice hit on their star receiver. I honestly believe that hit knocked him off his game and kept him from lighting up our secondary like he did last year
Gave him a old-style Darrin Woodson case of the "Alligator Arms" the rest of the game.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
It sure did LMAO

He will think twice and maybe even a third time before coming across the middle against us the next time we play them.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Wilcox always been a hitter. That's why he should be SS.

I would love a safety tandem of Jones --- if the staff will make up its mind, and Wilcox. Have Church as a rover.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Claiborne had another solid game. Have to admit I am extremely surprised with how he has played so far.

Byron Jones also had a good game. He was like glue on the Eagles TE's when he had them 1 on 1. Looked liked he was partially responsible for Wilcox's INT with a good play on the receiver/ball. Had a couple other good covers when he was targeted too.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Patmon needs to start playing better. You're right dbair that he seems to understand the D, but for whatever reason he's a step or 2 behind the receivers.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
I thought Patmon was a little better today than he was vs NYG

As well as Corey White played in preseason, I'd like to see him get more snaps on D

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Having Lee back is a nice safety blanket

It felt like he was near the ball on every damn play!

Top Bottom