C

Cr122

Posted at 12:03 PM on Wed., Jul. 28, 2010 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
David Moore / Reporter Bio | E-mail | News tips

The Cowboys have faith that Alan Ball can get the job done at free safety. Where is he in his learning curve?

"Right now, he's at level 101,'' secondary coach Dave Campo said. "He's working to 201. He's close to 201. If we get to 201, we're going to be pretty good.

"Not many guys get to 401. I'm at 401.''

Mike Hamlin and Patrick Watkins, who are challenging Ball for the job, have each made a few more big plays than Ball to this point. But Campo isn't concerned.

"He'll make some plays,'' Campo said. "He's still feeling his way around a little bit.

"The No. 1 thing for the guy back there is to make sure we're right. We can be aggressive, but we've got to make sure we're right first. If all four guys are right, we're going to be pretty good.''

One thing the Cowboys have had to do with Ball in this camp is to pull him farther off the line of scrimmage.

"He's a player,'' Campo said. "He likes to get around the ball and will creep forward more.

"We tell him to get back. We don't need him on the line. He's got the speed to get there being patient.''

C

Cr122

I'm sorry but I can't take anything Campo says seriously.

I hope Ball is going to do well, but coming out of that dwarf's mouth it makes me sick.

Top Bottom