Reaction score
1. The ravens and the nfl don't give a shit about any off the field things bc there's so many and the public usually doesn't care
2. Bc of that I believe the nfl and the ravens could give a shit about ray rice. They gave him lienance bc he's usually a great guy. He was probably drunk af (an the Gf wanted lienance)
3. They didn't give too much a shit about janay bc she's black and was waving her finger around like "mhmm". Subtle
Racism but some part of them is like "two drunk idiots, whatever "
4. Why would goodell risk his job over this? People dont seem to logically think Of this. He doesn't know or care about rice. He just listened to biscotti/janay/rice/public outcry over his tyranny.
5. Dbair is a fag

Reaction score
I think you're partially right. The NFL doesn't give a shit about anything except the dollar. "Protecting the shield" only means protecting our investment. It's not some moral high ground that other leagues or companies just don't take. Most of these off the field happenings don't mean anything looked at in a vacuum. But there comes a time when the sheer number of controversies bubbles over and consumers start to take notice. That's what they're trying to stay ahead of. They're just like any other company, when it starts affecting our bottom line then we will take action, and unlike most companies, their employees are more in the public eye, so their bad deeds become headlines faster.

But yeah dbair is fag. And my take is interesting too, I swear.

jnday

UDFA
Reaction score
I think your 5th point is a great observation. It is rare that a poster shows deep knowledge on the subject, but you nailed it.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
taco-bell-beef.jpg

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I hate Goodell, so anything that makes him look like a shmuck in court of public opinion, I'm for it.

Fuck him.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
I think you're partially right. The NFL doesn't give a shit about anything except the dollar. "Protecting the shield" only means protecting our investment. It's not some moral high ground that other leagues or companies just don't take. Most of these off the field happenings don't mean anything looked at in a vacuum. But there comes a time when the sheer number of controversies bubbles over and consumers start to take notice. That's what they're trying to stay ahead of. They're just like any other company, when it starts affecting our bottom line then we will take action, and unlike most companies, their employees are more in the public eye, so their bad deeds become headlines faster.

But yeah dbair is fag. And my take is interesting too, I swear.

Exactly. Like the NFL's reaction when players kept showing up in the police blotter a few years back.

Top Bottom