C

Cr122

Garrett: 'We're excited about Crayton'
July, 26, 2010

By Tim MacMahon

SAN ANTONIO – After ending the most publicized voluntary practice boycott by a fourth receiver in NFL history, Patrick Crayton vowed that he’d focus on football instead of his shaky job security for the rest of his time with the Cowboys.

He’s off to a good start in training camp.

Crayton hasn’t made any headlines with his mouth. He’s made plenty of catches with his hands, performing like the dependable receiver he’s been during the Tony Romo era.

“Patrick is a true professional,” offensive coordinator Jason Garrett said. “He comes to work every day. He’s doing the big things, doing the little things. He knows how to do it. He’s been successful in our offense. We’re excited about Patrick this year.”

Of course, Garrett isn’t the one who ultimately will determine whether Crayton is worth paying $2 million to basically be an insurance policy this season.

That will be Jerry Jones’ call. Jones likes what he’s seen from Crayton in the first few practices, but he certainly isn’t guaranteeing him a roster spot.

“He’s handling his business great. We’re handling our business great,” Jerry said. “We’re doing just what we ought to be doing, and in my mind, he is too. He’s making plays, he’s competing, he’s doing all the things he needs to do. We’ve just gotta see what happens.”

C

Cr122

I was hating on Crayton when he didn't report to the OTA's

But I have to hand it to him for coming back and not running his mouth.

Prove yourself on the field, Jimmy said it best, "If your going to talk the talk, then walk the walk!"

C

Cr122

I will say this also, out of all of our receivers I think Romo trust Witten and Crayton the most.

He doesn't have much chemistry with Dez yet and Austin came on last year.

So what I am saying is Crayton has Romo's complete trust.

I'm sure after this season he'll feel the same way about Austin. Because of another year of chemistry.

I'm seeing our wrs more like this this year. Witten,Austin,Crayton,Williams,Bryant in an order of trust with the chemistry with each other, not talent wise.

Top Bottom