Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I'm hoping for Michael Irvin actually. But wouldn't be surprised to see his two sons. Who never had their father while football did.

That’s right, I didn’t even think about Irvin. He was with him at both levels, college and pro. That does make a lot of sense. Plus Michael would give one hell of an entertaining speech as opposed to Aikman.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I just hope they don't make us play in the HOF Game because of this. Too disruptive to training camp.

touchdown

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score
Is there anyone here that doesn't believe in their heart that Jimmy would have won 4 straight SB's if it hadn't been for JJ's ego. Congratulations Jimmy Johnson!!! Could not be a better way to end, contrast and highlight a REAL HC with the last 10 year shit stain of Dallas Cowboy Coaching.
This is what we all know, in our hearts!

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I just hope they don't make us play in the HOF Game because of this. Too disruptive to training camp.

They already said we would on one of the podcasts

That doesn’t make it official obviously. But they seem to be right on news like this

Maybe we will play the Steelers because of Coward

That would be fucking Awsome to smash em in the mouth again just like the last time we played them in the Super Bowl

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

It was for Clapper or Wade, probably wouldn't be for McCarthy because he is a real coach and knows how to lay out a training camp schedule correctly.

McCarthy might actually welcome the extra game to help with player evaluation and installation of new offense and defense.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
It was for Clapper or Wade, probably wouldn't be for McCarthy because he is a real coach and knows how to lay out a training camp schedule correctly.

McCarthy might actually welcome the extra game to help with player evaluation and installation of new offense and defense.
that's a charitable interpretation. players hate four pre-season games, let alone five. they have to get on a plane for Cali then another one for Ohio two weeks later? pass. you can get more done in practice than you can in an exhibition game where the starters are pulled after one series.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
that's a charitable interpretation. players hate four pre-season games, let alone five. they have to get on a plane for Cali then another one for Ohio two weeks later? pass. you can get more done in practice than you can in an exhibition game where the starters are pulled after one series.

I guess it depends on the quality of practices, but since they cant do much contact or live hitting anymore I'm not sure anyone gets much out of "practices"

We're going to have a lot of new players and are installing new systems on both sides of the ball, plus the special teams is going to have to be re-made. Live game action and seeing how things go against another team is probably seen as a benefit.

I don't necessarily disagree with you that players hate preseason, but I think owners and coaches hate it more due to the potential injury factor. Many seem satisfied with using September as a real preseason now.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Jerry loves an extra pre season game. More face time, more micro phone time, and oh yeah more marketing and money making time. Count on it happening.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Difference between career of Aikman and Brady?

One owner kept the greatest coach of his teams generation for two decades. The other one ran the greatest coach of that generation off after only 5 years.

Last edited:
Top Bottom