GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Are you frickin kidding me? Screw this idiot..IMO, our front 7 is a bigger weakness than our secondary. Our front 3 is a piece of shit...put whoever you want in the secondary, pick and choose your all pros back there, if our front 7 stays the same, this defense isn't going anywhere.

I can't believe this

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I'm not surprised. Not a bit.

Our secondary is garbage outside of Jenkins, but the front 7 has been pathetic and magnifies the weaknesses of the secondary by getting zero pressure.

Reaction score
When/where did he say it?

Also, it's that time of year where you can't really pay what Jerry says any attention. He's an idiot, but he's all about putting misinformation out there.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
The front 7 isnt bad, it just really needs someone opp Ware to help rush the passer. Ware, Lee and ratliff are extremely high quality players.

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The front 7 isnt bad, it just really needs someone opp Ware to help rush the passer. Ware, Lee and ratliff are extremely high quality players.

Our front 3 is a price of shit..I saw the San Fran D generate insane pressure sending 3 or 4 guys at most. When we send 3 or 4-the QB is sitting in the pocket knitting a frickin towel for a D to clean themselves up w after the QB carves us up. Our DEs fuckin blow. Definitely need a new OLB too..our Secondary>frot 7 and our secondary sucks

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score

3/7 doesn't make it a strength.

It means somebody can't draft very well.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
3/7 doesn't make it a strength.

It means somebody can't draft very well.

Marcus Spears and Jason Hatcher are not "bad" draft picks

Anthony Spencer wasnt a "bad" pick.

To me "bad" picks are when you grossly overdraft someone, as we did many times trying to fill "needs". None of the above mentioned guys were "overdrafted" based on their projections from that year.

Sean Lissemore and Josh Brent appear to have alot of upside.

And if Bruce Carter is anywhere near as good as Sean lee is, we're set at ILB for almost a decade.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Our front 3 is a price of shit..I saw the San Fran D generate insane pressure sending 3 or 4 guys at most. When we send 3 or 4-the QB is sitting in the pocket knitting a frickin towel for a D to clean themselves up w after the QB carves us up. Our DEs fuckin blow. Definitely need a new OLB too..our Secondary>frot 7 and our secondary sucks

you are right...the sky is clearly falling...its a wonder how we won a single game

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Marcus Spears and Jason Hatcher are not "bad" draft picks

Anthony Spencer wasnt a "bad" pick.

To me "bad" picks are when you grossly overdraft someone, as we did many times trying to fill "needs". None of the above mentioned guys were "overdrafted" based on their projections from that year.

Sean Lissemore and Josh Brent appear to have alot of upside.

And if Bruce Carter is anywhere near as good as Sean lee is, we're set at ILB for almost a decade.

That is a far cry from the front seven being a strength.

Carter has a chance, spears has been solid and lissemore and Brent show promise.

None of them make our front seven right now a strength.

Reaction score
Linebackers are pretty good.. DL sucks. I wouldn't put much stock in anything Jerry is saying right now though. Its that time of year.

C

Cr122

Here's that video of Jerry saying our defensive line is a strength. :frustrate

[video=youtube;NGR6FRHx-2Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGR6FRHx-2Y&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Reaction score
He said he was happy with our OL last year too.. then we went out and drafted Smith and 5 other OL.

Said he liked our WR's the year we drafted Dez.

Again.. don't put any stock in anything he's saying this time of year.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
We won games in spite of our defense..the offense carried this team, namely Romo

the defense played better at the beginning of the year...then it seemed the injuries and the other offensive coaches caught up to what Ryan was doing...they had some stretches where they played good defense later, they just couldnt sustain it

Top Bottom