LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
:suicide

By Mike Coppinger NFL.com

The Dallas Cowboys have failed to qualify for the postseason each of the past four years. Could help be on the way?

Playoff expansion is set to be discussed at the Spring League Meeting this week, and, if Jerry Jones gets his way, the playoff field will be expanded.

In an interview with NFL Media's Kimberly Jones that will air Monday on "NFL Total Access," Jerry quipped a rule change "would help my Cowboys."

But would it really help? The 'Boys would have missed postseason play over the past four seasons even if there were two extra playoff squads per conference.

Although playoff expansion has been viewed as inevitable by many, it's not that simple. Even if owners vote to expand the field to 14, it's under contention whether or not they'd have to gain approval from the NFL Players Association to do so. Jones doesn't believe that would be necessary, while NFL Media's Albert Breer reports the union disagrees. Their view? Additional playoff games would constitute a change in working conditions.

The Cowboys will have to play better than .500 ball if they want a real chance at making the playoffs, something they haven't done since 2009. Jerry and Co. better get working after losing in Week 17 win-and-in games in three consecutive years.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
We don't need to improve. We just need everyone else to get a little worse.

The stuff of legends.

Reaction score
I hate hate hate this man.

He has ruined this franchise. It's god damned embarrassing.

Reaction score
Forget about hiring a real GM or a real coach to "help my boys". I'll just hope they let everyone in the playoffs.

:jerry

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Playoff expansion is a painfully lame idea IMO

The NBA and NHL playoffs are a joke because so many teams get in.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Playoff expansion is a painfully lame idea IMO

The NBA and NHL playoffs are a joke because so many teams get in.

I agree.

Nfl playoffs are great for a reason. Let it be.

8-8 teams shouldn't be in the playoffs anyway.

Hoofbite

Draft Pick
Reaction score
What a fag.

Jerry's such a bitch it sometimes hurts to actually tell people you root for his team.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
vlcsnap_2013_10_21_21h20m32s89.jpg

Murdering every decent looking broad in the US would help my chances of becoming Miss America

GloryDaysRBack

Quality Starter
Reaction score
You guys are idiots

Nobody gives a flying fuck about better chances of getting in. These billionaires just found a free and easy way to increase their revenue by millions by doing nothing

Its called being a business man and this guy is Damn fucking good at it

Top Bottom