touchdown

Defense Wins Championships
Reaction score

Nearly four years later, the AP has obtained more than 4,000 pages of documents related to Epstein’s death from the Federal Bureau of Prisons under the Freedom of Information Act. They include a detailed psychological reconstruction of the events leading to Epstein’s suicide, as well as his health history, internal agency reports, emails, memos and other records.

The workers tasked with guarding Epstein the night he killed himself, Tova Noel and Michael Thomas, were charged with lying on prison records to make it seem as though they had made their required checks before Epstein was found lifeless. Epstein’s cellmate did not return after a court hearing the day before, and prison officials failed to pair another prisoner with him, leaving him alone.

Prosecutors alleged they were sitting at their desks just 15 feet (4.6 meters) from Epstein’s cell, shopped online for furniture and motorcycles, and walked around the unit’s common area instead of making required rounds every 30 minutes.

During one two-hour period, both appeared to have been asleep, according to their indictment. Noel and Thomas admitted to falsifying the log entries but avoided prison time under a deal with federal prosecutors. Copies of some of those logs were included among the documents released Thursday, with the guards’ signatures redacted.

Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score

Funny how the SEC throws around fines to private corporations for deleting emails but when Hillary deleted emails from her server no one did anything. This reminds me of when Morgan Stanley was fined millions of dollars for failing to produce emails from their servers that were destroyed on 9/11 when WTC 7 collapsed. The government subpoenaed the emails for an investigation and MS was able to recover all but about 1000 emails that had not yet been backed up. For failure to produce those emails Morgan Stanley payed a large fine.

Destroying emails after retaining them for years should not be a crime. It is ridiculous to force companies to retain emails forever just in case the federal government needs to launch an investigation in the future. And btw, blaming JP Morgan-Chase for Jeffrey Epstein is a joke. The government had him on charges and let him go with a slap on the wrist. So why is a bank required to play hardball with him when the government went easy on him? The government is scapegoating and changing the subject.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
100% the guy was murdered, it's not even debatable IMO

I don't see how anyone even remotely bought into the idea that he offed himself

Creeper

In the Rotation
Reaction score

I found the docs underwhelming so far. Other than the line about Clinton liking young girls, which is no surprise to anyone, the rest was just a big nothingburger. My gut tells me that they released all the documents that do not implicate the real big wigs.

One thing we do know now is that Trump was never a part of Epstein's debauchery. My guess is if there was evidence implicating Trump it would have been leaked to the media long ago.

Top Bottom