VTA

UDFA
Reaction score
That's what's keeping Red employed. Thank God we've finally got the answer. Racism, pure and simple...

On the Tuesday edition of “First Take” on ESPN2, co-host Stephen A. Smith hammered the Dallas Cowboys and head coach Jason Garrett in a long-winded rant.

In December, Smith called Garrett the “walking epitome” of the unfairness felt by “black folks” because he was not fired after an abysmal 4-12 season despite having lofty expectations before the season began.

According to Smith, Garrett’s poor showing as the head coach this year is cause for him to be fired. He said the close relationship with Cowboys owner Jerry Jones does not exist for black coaches in professional sports.

“My question to white America is ‘why don’t you get upset?’ That’s my question, because there’s a whole bunch of white folks out there that don’t have [Garrett’s job security],” he stated. “Why is this happening? There’s a whole bunch of white assistants in the NFL that ain’t getting shots because Jason Garrett is his boy. There’s a whole bunch of white coordinators that ain’t getting looks, that ain’t getting shots because Jason Garrett is his boy. I mean, this is unbelievable.”

“If it’s bad for you as white folks, could you imagine how bad it is for black folks?” he asked.

:lol

Link

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
No you dumbfuck. It's stupidity by an idiotic owner. Otherwise, how do you explain Wade getting fired?

And us Cowboys' fans (at least the ones on this board) are beyond upset that Garrett is still here.

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Smith also said that the fact the show Martin was cancelled without much fanfare but NBC made a big deal about the final season of Friends is proof of racism in this country.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I think his point is that Garrett is standing in the way of better qualified whites, not just minority candidates

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Hell yes its racism, its so damn racist I think Goodell and the NFLPA should unite together to give him a lifetime ban from the NFL and force him to sell the team immediately

Where's Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton when you need them?

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
Martin was a very underrated sitcom. Loved when Bruhman would break into the apartment to make a sammich.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I agree with whatever he said if it makes a case for Garrett being fired.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I thought Martin was cancelled because Gina accused Martin Lawrence of sexual harassment or something like that.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Hell yes its racism, its so damn racist I think Goodell and the NFLPA should unite together to give him a lifetime ban from the NFL and force him to sell the team immediately

Where's Jessie Jackson and Al Sharpton when you need them?

Hell no
Don't ban him! Send him to Philly so the Cowboys can sit alone atop the NFC East for years to come ?

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
As foolish as Stephen Smith is... at least Garrett's incompetence is getting a national spotlight. And like someone posted, "whatever it takes to get rid of him."

Reaction score
Racism is real. It exists, and it always will. Both ways.

But not every thing - especially something as retarded as the continued employment of a shitty coach - is racism. And when you look for ways to argue every thing as racism, it kind of desensitizes everyone to the word, and more importantly, the issue of racism.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
oh, he gonna be on a tear tomorrow after the Lovie Smith firing

Reaction score
Racism is real. It exists, and it always will. Both ways.

But not every thing - especially something as retarded as the continued employment of a shitty coach - is racism. And when you look for ways to argue every thing as racism, it kind of desensitizes everyone to the word, and more importantly, the issue of racism.
Fuckin Garrett homer

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Anyone know what that's about? I did a quick search but didn't see any good reasoning for it, just that he was gone.

Supposedly they are canning him to make Dirk Koetter the new HC, said they were afraid they'd lose him to another team.

Top Bottom