Sal Monella

Man among boys
Reaction score
Dez tweets: "Sign me up to replace Witten!"

USATSI_10409051.jpg

While Dez Bryant might have spent the entire 2019 season out of the NFL, the former Dallas Cowboys star receiver is still looking for another shot. In fact, he’s even willing to do it with his former team as the replacement for a former teammate.

Bryant took to Twitter on Sunday to call upon the Cowboys to sign him and allow him to take over Jason Witten’s role. The way Bryant sees it, Dallas’ offense would become unstoppable if he joined Ezekiel Elliott, Tony Pollard, Amari Cooper and Co.

Dodger12

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This dolt Tweeted himself out of the NFL. Just another guy who lacks any self awareness but I don't blame him, he's just another victim of the crack epidemic.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
This dolt Tweeted himself out of the NFL. Just another guy who lacks any self awareness but I don't blame him, he's just another victim of the crack epidemic.
Interesting he's saying he wants to play TE now... His previous unwillingness to learn other spots like the slot and the Y or even everything the X is supposed to do limited him greatly.

I always said he would be a deadly weapon at the slot. He would cause headaches at the Y. No more being taken completely out of games, too versatile. At TE I don't see his value as a blocker but he would definitely be a step up as a pass catching TE over Witten.

I actually wouldn't be against signing him on the cheap and let's see what McCarthy can do with him at slot and TE. If he's willing to expand his repertoire he can have a significant role.

Number1

Practice Squad
Reaction score
BTW, if Dez goes to camp healthy he will play. For get the press and Dez's lighting rod personality.
the guy is as good as any red zone WR in history

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Was

Dez was good

He hasn’t been “good” in 6 years!!!

Now he’s just some guy that no team wants who hasn’t stepped on a pro football field in 3 years. The last time he tried he blew out his Achilles

Now he’s just another washed up WR that is 3 years older with another major injury added to his list of nagging injuries

No thanks

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
BTW, if Dez goes to camp healthy he will play. For get the press and Dez's lighting rod personality.
the guy is as good as any red zone WR in history

Not interested, especially with a new coach implementing a new culture. We've seen his act.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Not interested, especially with a new coach implementing a new culture. We've seen his act.

Not to mention as the 3rd or 4th WR he would be required to play ST. He doesn’t have the speed anymore to be a return guy so that means he would need to cover kicks. Then, is Dak willing to play for the vet min? I just don’t see any way his ego will allow him to do any of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Number1

Practice Squad
Reaction score
on the subject of Dez, just bring Dez to camp with a contract full of incentives.

To most fans super intense people like Dez are unwelcome. People like Mike Tyson ... Haley ... Hollywood Henderson …
For that matter, some coaches couldn't handle Troy cussing teammates in the huddle.

IMO, this team more crazy people ... we've seen too "right kinda guys" around here.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The problem with Dez wasn't behavior it was PERFORMANCE. And letting his behavior affect his own PERFORMANCE. And his total lack of interest in learning his craft. In becoming versatile.

You're making a false and dishonest argument.
super intense people like Dez
You're confusing infantile immaturity with intensity. Super intense people don't let the opponent talk them right out of the game. For starters. Dez would rather win the street cred word war than the fucking game.

Number1

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Dez would rather win the street cred word war than the fucking game.

do you actually believe such about a person you've probably never met?

on the subject of performance - whistle to whistle no WR plays harder, blocks better (note rushing TDs are off sharply since Dooley and Dez and Williams left), or wins more battles for the ball

those are facts. your personality assessment is well … yours

if Dez comes to camp healthy he'll make the team and play - that seems to bother player haters

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
do you actually believe such about a person you've probably never met?
Observation. We don't need to meet a guy to see he's easily distracted by trash talk. He demonstrated it quite often. Defenders knew it well. Sports writers and commentators knew it well. Hell, Dallas Cowboys radio announcers knew it well. When asked about it by the press, Jason Carrot acknowledged it while passing it off as "passion." It's just a fact.
whistle to whistle no WR plays harder, blocks better (note rushing TDs are off sharply since Dooley and Dez and Williams left), or wins more battles for the ball
Ohhhh, that's why he made the all-decade team just released. Oh wait, he didn't. Because the shit you're naming is basic stuff. The advanced stuff, like being versatile and knowing the entire route tree for all receiving positions? Can actually run crisp routes from any spot on the field and be where you're supposed to be? Yeah, it's those guys on the all-decade team. None of them ever led the league in drops either. All of which are masters at the basketball jump ball catch too. It's not any special skill.
(note rushing TDs are off sharply since Dooley and Dez and Williams left)
That's not a function of WR blocking, that's a result of idiotic play calling inside the 10. Also well documented.
those are facts.
That I keep giving you. You keep moving the goalposts, countering with still more garbage. It's what limpwristic fanbois do.
if Dez comes to camp healthy he'll make the team and play - that seems to bother player haters
It hasn't bothered anyone here. Just because guys don't think so doesn't mean they're "bothered."
player haters
Refuge of the imbecile, claim that stating facts about a guy is "hating."

Hero worship Dez all you want, but nobody here is buying any of that garbage. We're way short of teenage fanbois.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

First, I really don't think they'd sign him unless they feel desperate about the WR spot, and they are not in that position yet.

Second, it's definitely no lock he'd make the team. He was not good at all his last season here and he has hardly played since, plus he is recovering from a major injury.

That said, I really don't think MM wants any circus act players here, especially his 1st yr.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
First, I really don't think they'd sign him unless they feel desperate about the WR spot, and they are not in that position yet.

Second, it's definitely no lock he'd make the team. He was not good at all his last season here and he has hardly played since, plus he is recovering from a major injury.

That said, I really don't think MM wants any circus act players here, especially his 1st yr.

First I do think this decision will be totally up to MM.

Second, I agree that he wasn’t that good when he last played (heathy). Brodus did say that he looks sharper and quicker than he did when he last played in Dallas but it’s Brodus so take it with a grain of salt.

I think if the Cowboys draft a WR (anywhere in the draft) then Dez will not get an invite to camp. I’ve said this before and I’ll say it agin. I think Dez’s ego keeps him from making the team even if he is invited to camp. IF he’s signed it will have to be a veteran minimum contract or somewhere near that amount. Then being the 3rd or 4th WR (at best) he will be required to play ST. He’s not quick or fast enough to be a return man anymore he he would have to play in coverage. I don’t see anyway his ego allows him to do that. I get the impression that he still wants to get paid (at least like a mid-level WR) and expects to start. Neither is going to happen in Dallas.

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
First I do think this decision will be totally up to MM.

Second, I agree that he wasn’t that good when he last played (heathy). Brodus did say that he looks sharper and quicker than he did when he last played in Dallas but it’s Brodus so take it with a grain of salt.

I think if the Cowboys draft a WR (anywhere in the draft) then Dez will not get an invite to camp. I’ve said this before and I’ll say it agin. I think Dez’s ego keeps him from making the team even if he is invited to camp. IF he’s signed it will have to be a veteran minimum contract or somewhere near that amount. Then being the 3rd or 4th WR (at best) he will be required to play ST. He’s not quick or fast enough to be a return man anymore he he would have to play in coverage. I don’t see anyway his ego allows him to do that. I get the impression that he still wants to get paid (at least like a mid-level WR) and expects to start. Neither is going to happen in Dallas.

Could Dez theoretically have a role on this team? Yes.

Could someone else fill that same role and not be Dez Bryant? Also yes

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Ugh. Supposedly they are considering bringing him back if you believe Fisher. If so this franchise is hopeless.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Ugh. Supposedly they are considering bringing him back if you believe Fisher. If so this franchise is hopeless.

Dude, why do you believe anything Fisher says?

He's throwing all kinds of shit out there to see if anything sticks. Dude is 100% useless as an "insider"

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Can he play tight end?
I read somewhere he even said he wanted to do that. I've always said he is far more dangerous if utilized that way. He'd scare people coming out of the slot. He could be deadly at TE. But he's gonna have to learn the trees and work his craft.

Never been against signing him back on the cheap, and his behavior issues may be well tempered in the new coaching regime. He does have good hands, that's what made his leading the league in drops look suspiciously like sabotage to me. The character issues... They might be better managed now. I think Dez is a guy who wants to have firm reigns on him otherwise he doesn't feel worthy.

Top Bottom