bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
5IFQEVEI6RCZ7JKEHFBCZSADHI.jpg

Jean-Jacques Taylor’s grades from the Cowboys' 40-39 win vs. the Atlanta Falcons at AT&T Stadium.

Run offense
Ezekiel Elliott ran well — 89 yards on 22 carries — but his first quarter fumble was part of the reason the Cowboys played from behind all day. Elliott still doesn’t have a run of 20+ yards this season, but he had four runs of 10 yards or more against Atlanta. Dak Prescott scored a career-high three rushing touchdowns.
GRADE: B

Pass offense
Prescott passed for 450 yards — third-most of his career — and engineered a fourth-quarter comeback and a game-winning drive. Amari Cooper (6-100) and CeeDee Lamb (6-106) each reached the 100-yard mark and contributed several big plays in the second half. The Cowboys had 570 yards and scored 40 points without starting tackles Tyron Smith (neck) and La’el Collins (IR). That’s pretty impressive. Prescott and tight end Dalton Schultz each fumbled in the first quarter, contributing to the Cowboys' woes.
GRADE: C :awkward

Run defense
See, this is why stats can be deceptive. The Falcons ran for 113 yards, but averaged just 3.3 yards per carry. Todd Gurley ran 21 times for 61 yards and helped keep the Falcons in manageable third-down situations. The Falcons had just one run of 10+ yards, but they were stubborn and it positioned them to win until their fourth-quarter meltdown.
GRADE: C-

Pass defense
Calvin Ridley torched the Cowboys all day. They never figured out how to defend him, and he finished with seven catches for 109 yards and two touchdowns. Matt Ryan passed for 273 yards and four touchdowns and didn’t get sacked until Everson Griffen dropped him with less than four minutes left. That sack set up the touchdown drive that pulled Dallas within two points. The Cowboys dropped two interceptions, unacceptable for a team yearning for turnovers.
GRADE: D

Coaching
Mike McCarthy’s team clearly wasn’t ready to play. Three fumbles in a 10-play span in the first quarter proves that. He’s 0-for-3 on fourth down this season, and the last one he called in the fourth quarter was just dumb. The offense showed no imagination and the defense is clueless on third downs. The two-point attempt in the fourth quarter down by nine was mind-numbing, but the onside kick recovery keeps his staff from getting an F.
GRADE: D

Overall
Dallas battled back from being down 20-0 with 16 points in the final 4:57. You shouldn’t really get credit for playing hard — that’s what you’re supposed to do — but we’ve seen teams quit before. They didn’t, and they were rewarded with the most improbable of victories. The Cowboys, overall, were awful on offense early and awful on defense late. The coaching staff was beyond awful in every phase of the game, but the last five minutes made up for a lot of mistakes.
GRADE: C-

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
And the holes on this team are obvious to anybody with the thickest of glasses, and wide enough to drive an 18 wheeler through. The best of coaching probably wont over come it. Still an entertaining game and nice win.

kwcoolk619

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I can not say a whole lot since I did not see the game in its entirety. But I saw the last 3:30 of the game. I liked what I had seen. They did not quit.

People in the Zone are going crazy. Some zoners are saying 'Dak is the man so pay him'.

Number1

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I can not say a whole lot since I did not see the game in its entirety. But I saw the last 3:30 of the game. I liked what I had seen. They did not quit.

People in the Zone are going crazy. Some zoners are saying 'Dak is the man so pay him'.

yeah, well they tried to pay him ... but the ATL game was not as much of an oddity as the hype suggests

Dak was again sharp throwing into the middle - something he often doesn't gets credit for,
last week 10 of 11, including 4 of 4 into the middle of the secondary,

dp2020w2.jpg

that's typical Dak, and consistent with what we saw last year

1600796998532.png

beyond 10y he must have a passer rating over 115, under 10y low 90s
if they can keep a clean pocket, or get him out of the pocket, he is a very effective mid to deep passer

even if they use the misdirection many O's do in the short passing game to get guys open, I don't trust his short touch

but vs the ATL from 0 - 10y he was 19 of 22 for 170y, I'd bet money it was one of his better short passing games

kwcoolk619

Practice Squad
Reaction score
yeah, well they tried to pay him ... but the ATL game was not as much of an oddity as the hype suggests

Dak was again sharp throwing into the middle - something he often doesn't gets credit for,
last week 10 of 11, including 4 of 4 into the middle of the secondary,

View attachment 7271

that's typical Dak, and consistent with what we saw last year

View attachment 7272

beyond 10y he must have a passer rating over 115, under 10y low 90s
if they can keep a clean pocket, or get him out of the pocket, he is a very effective mid to deep passer

even if they use the misdirection many O's do in the short passing game to get guys open, I don't trust his short touch

but vs the ATL from 0 - 10y he was 19 of 22 for 170y, I'd bet money it was one of his better short passing games
Now I have a clearer understanding. L.A. got the Rams-Wince crew(Eagles) at the same time as Dal-Atl game.

Top Bottom