Reaction score
‏@JasonLaCanfora·24 mins
London fans selling out a 3rd game puts the city "further down the road" to getting a team, Goodell said.

Also says theres a push for 14 playoff teams.

JBond

UDFA
Reaction score
Why do guys keep bashing Goodell? He works for the owners and takes his orders from them. None of these things would be happening if the owners did not want it. He is just the mouthpiece.

Reaction score
I hated Goodell before it was cool, but not for shit like this. He's trying to grow the game, that's fine. I don't care if he tinkers with things here and there.

Bud Selig really helped baseball out by reconfiguring baseball divisions and adding wild cards. David Stern has been phenomenal for the NBA. And where would the NBA be without the three point line? Changes happen to sports over time.

I don't like how he handled the lockout and how he handles discipline, though you haven't see too much outrageous stuff there lately.

Reaction score
I think Goodell has been somewhat neutered but essentially he and the owners already raped and pillaged the entire player union in that lockout. There's hasn't been much left to enforce after that.

junk

UDFA
Reaction score
I think Goodell has been somewhat neutered but essentially he and the owners already raped and pillaged the entire player union in that lockout. There's hasn't been much left to enforce after that.

What? No, the owners were barely scraping by with record revenue. If the players didn't give them more, they might not have been able to keep the league going

<end sarcasm>

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Whoever's idea it is, a team in europe is a terrible idea. The jet lag is going to be a huge issue. I know many european golfers over the years have thought they could play both tours, like they were the exception who could deal with it, but no one ever can. The fatigue eventually wears you down.

I know they claim they can work the byes around to minimize it, but I don't believe it. What happens when the East division is supposed to play the West? What happens for the playoffs when there are no byes? There's a good reason you don't see transoceanic sports leagues.

But I have no doubt they'll try it. Anything to increase revenue.

And I'm a good free market capitalist -- but not when it hurts the game.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I just don't see how having a team in London would work. Who would want to sign with a team and move to London? No one.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
You would just take the back way and head east. Catch it on the other side.

Reaction score
that's the toughest scenario and it's still not even that bad. Certainly not worth TRYING this potentially huge windfall. Add some bye weeks Figure it out and let's go. You're bored aren't you

Reaction score
It's 350 miles farther to travel from London to Seattle than it is from London to Miami.

The longest flight from London to an NFL city would be to San Diego... would be 5,500 miles.

Reaction score
Clearly we need more things to talk about pertaining to the nfl. This is one. Everyone's fired up about it. Londoners will probably be all "fuck you for hating our team, America "about it. Everyone loves to discuss the logistics of it. It's good drama .
They'll probably be at a free agent disadvantage so goodell will stack the expansion franchise draft again like they overdid with the jags and panthers who both made championship games in like their second years.

We've seen 50 superbowls basically. It's Ok to change, you can even go straight up east conference vs west conference.

Top Bottom