Reaction score
Giants lose Domenik Hixon for season with torn ACL

Posted by Michael David Smith on September 21, 2011, 11:55 AM EDT

The Giants won Monday night’s game against the Rams, but they suffered a loss in the process.

Domenik Hixon, the team’s No. 3 wide receiver and top punt returner, is out for the season with a torn right ACL, the Giants announced today. It’s the second year in a row that he’s blown out his right knee; he missed the entire 2010 season.

Hixon appeared to suffer the injury when he came down awkwardly on a juggling touchdown catch against the Rams — making it that much more impressive that he held onto the ball.

The loss will be a big one for the Giants, who were counting on Hixon to be a key cog on the offense as well as a jack of all trades on special teams.

As the Giants now prepare to play the Eagles without Hixon, they’re probably wishing they hadn’t let Steve Smith go to Philadelphia.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
I have a feeling the eagles are going to kill the giants sunday. Last year the giants outplayed them and lost on an error by the punter and tuck was busy yapping about how he cant wait to play them.

but I think as undermanned as they are they may get killed if they dont hit the qb a ton and run the ball extremely well.

THis could be a statement game for the eagles.

Reaction score
The Giants can't cover anyone. And Eli is back to being Peyton's adopted brother.

They'll end up last in the division, and probably a 5 win team.

Theebs

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The Giants can't cover anyone. And Eli is back to being Peyton's adopted brother.

They'll end up last in the division, and probably a 5 win team.

I usually think they are a good team, however if they lose this one this actually could happen. They have a habit of doing what we did a year later.....this could be there year for a collapse.

Reaction score
The Giants should have lost to a Steven Jacksonless Rams team. They suck and need to find a big WR and TE next year.

I called Skins > Giants by the way

Top Bottom