C

Cr122

Q&A Session
2-Minute Drill With ... Andre Gurode
Joseph Garcia
DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer

SAN ANTONIO - Four-time pro bowler Andre Gurode is entering his ninth year with the Cowboys. As the center he is considered the head of the offensive line. For the first time in his career, a man other than Flozell Adams will line up to his left at the tackle position. According to Gurode, he likes what Doug Free brings to the table, but feels Barron is a solid option as well.

As leader of the line, will you be keeping an eye on Doug Free?

Gurode: He is a guy who I have been next to and shared a locker with the last four years. I know he can go out there and do it, I have all the confidence in the world. So, he just has to go out there and play.

So you are not worried about it at all, you are just letting it happen?

Gurode: I think day by day he gets a little bit better so he will get out there and do his thing.

How good of an insurance policy is it to have Alex (Barron) behind him?

Gurode: Alex is a great option. He is getting better every day as well. I was watching him with Leonard (Davis) the other day and I commented on how well he is doing. So, it's good to have him.

Did the line lose any strength without Flozell Adams?

Gurode: I would like to say no, but you can't replace a guy like Flozell who was here for a long time. We wish him well and we'll move forward and get ready for the season.

What is it about Doug Free's personality, not his ability, that makes him able to step in for Flozell.?

Gurode: He is a very low-key guy, very calm, very humble. He is a guy who loves to work so we love that about Doug.

How big was the game experience for him?

Gurode: I think it was very big. I think it showed a lot of people that he could step in and make some plays. That was his chance to get in there and show the world that he can do what he can do.

Can you explain how it is having all those weapons around you?

Gurode: It feels good to look down the field and see those guys run down the field and score a touchdown. The bad part is trying to jog down the field to celebrate with them, you get a little tired then. But, it always feels good to see those guys in the end zone.

How is Tony Romo doing so far in camp?

Gurode: Romo is doing good. He is out there just having fun just like the typical Romo. He is maturing quite a bit. We are out there every day we're having fun, trying to get better and execute on offense, so that's what we are focusing on right now.

Top Bottom