Reaction score
Judd Zulgad of the Minneapolis Star-Tribune reports Vikings quarterback Brett Favre had a large bag of ice that was attached to his arm as he addressed reporters at Winter Park which was a clear sign that something isn't right.

Favre is believed to be dealing with tendinitis in his right elbow for at least the second time in his career. Favre missed the final three preseason games in 2000 because of it but returned to start the opener that season.

"I'm not overly concerned about it, but just based on my 20 years, there's been little things that nag here and there," said Favre, who will turn 41 on Sunday and then start his NFL record 289th consecutive game the following day against the Jets. "Of course, it's my throwing arm, so it's a little more of a concern. I've probably iced more in the last weeks than I have in my career. I don't want to say I'm getting overly mental, but I want to be crisp."

"I want to be smart about it, but I do need the work," said Favre, who was wearing a Twins cap instead of his customary Vikings or Nike hats. "It's not like [I've been] throwing to these guys for 10 years. Brad and I and Darrell [Bevell, the Vikings offensive coordinator] and I, we've talked about how many reps to take and things like that. But I've needed to take as many as I can for obvious reasons. I'm trying to be smart about it. I'm not too overly concerned about it right now."

C

Cr122

Do us a favor Brett, and throw at least 30 passes this week and don't ice it before we play you.

ktxbai

Top Bottom