C

Cr122

Early prediction: Cowboys will finish in second place, not make Super Bowl

10:04 PM CDT on Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Dallas Morning News Cowboys writer Todd Archer answered your questions this week about Cowboys training camp. Some highlights of the full chat:

Join Todd and all of our Cowboys writers as we chat live, answer your questions and dish the behind the scenes tidbits during every Cowboys training camp practice. Chats begin this weekend: Saturday at 2:15 p.m.; Sunday at 9 a.m. and 3:15 p.m. Central.

On his prediction for the season: I'm thinking 10-6, playoffs but no Super Bowl. Sorry to disappoint. I think the Giants win the division, followed by the Cowboys, Eagles and Redskins.

On his Super Bowl prediction: Will you hold this against me if I change my mind by the end of training camp? right now I'm thinking Indy-Green Bay but I reserve the right to change my mind.

On which three players he would put a forcefield around to prevent any injuries the entire season: Tony Romo, DeMarcus Ware, Jay Ratliff. May the force be with you.

On if the multi-site training camp will offer a nice change of pace to the team, or interupt organization and concentration: How does both sound? I know the players love being in California because of the weather and the pace of the day. Camp can be monotonous and I think having it in two spots will break that up and keep the players fresh. The support staff, however, will be tested, because they will have to break things down at the Alamodome and then set it up out in California.

On if the Cowboys will bring in any big names before the season: If there are big names out there now, then they're not really worth it. They'll stand pat for now and look around at the waiver wire when teams cut players in August.

On why the Cowboys pit the No. 1 offense against the No. 2 defense and No. 2 offense vs. No. 1 defense in camp practice: Good question and one I planned on asking Wade when camp got rolling. They don't always do that but they do it a lot. Some of it is how the reps are split in practice by the coaches. I always felt bad for Stephen McGee in the off-season because he was getting his two snaps vs. the No. 1 D and had DeMarcus Ware in his face before he could get back on his drop.

On if the Cowboys will be in pads on Saturday and Sunday: If you're going on history, they will not be in pads on Saturday but they will be in them on Sunday morning. In his first three years, Phillips has let the players work into pads because that first practice can be too intense and lead to injuries

Top Bottom