sbk92

Reaction score
Newport Beach woman also admits she was under the influence of alcohol when she struck the pedestrian.

By LARRY WELBORN
THE ORANGE COUNTY REGISTER

l746pd-b78676103z.120100813163002000gipps65a.1.jpg

Shana Calderon booking photo

SANTA ANA – A Newport Beach woman pleaded guilty Friday to felony hit and run causing death and fleeing the scene after she struck a pedestrian.

Shana Lynne Calderon, 21, also pleaded guilty to misdemeanor driving under the influence of alcohol, misdemeanor driving with a blood alcohol level of .08 or more, and driving without a valid license.

Calderon was driving in her white 1995 Ford Explorer south on Newport Boulevard in Costa Mesa about 1:30 a.m. on Dec. 12, 2009 when she struck Michael McLoughlin, 29, as he stepped off the curb near 19th Street, according to the Orange County District Attorney's Office.

McLoughlin bounced off the windshield of the Explorer and landed on the pavement.

Calderon parked her SUV nearby, returned to the scene and talked with witness before she and a passenger fled in the Explorer, according to the District Attorney's Office.

Approximately two hours later, Calderon turned herself in to the Costa Mesa Police Department, where she displayed signs of intoxication, including bloodshot and watery eyes, flushed face, slurred speech, and a strong odor of alcohol on her breath, according to prosecutors.

McLoughlin, of San Diego, was taken to Western Medical Center in Santa Ana, where he died a week later because of blunt force trauma caused by the crash

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Reading that brings it all back. That sinking feeling.

Nothing that happens to her prison wise will compare to what she'll have to deal with knowing that she killed Mike. She'll think about this every single day of her life.

C

Cr122

I hope that bitch rots in hell.

He's buried 8 miles from where I live. I plan on making a visit to his grave soon.

He's buried in the Skaneateles cemetary in Skaneateles,N.Y.

sbk92

Reaction score
It still freaks me out. I just can't believe the dude I used to bust balls with is dead. All because of some dipshat young girl.

C

Cr122

It still freaks me out. I just can't believe the dude I used to bust balls with is dead. All because of some dipshat young girl.

I know it, Rant and I talked through PM quite a bit at the DCC.

It reminds me sbk, he sent me a message when you and I made the trade with Stewart,Royal for Moss. He said the Pittsburgh Yankess fooled you again. lol

From now on I am helping you out with your trades, just PM me and I'll help you. lol He did, and from that day on I always talked with him through PM.

Even when we had our Madden draft, he would tell me shoot him a PM with any questions. He was a hell of a guy, and I hardly new him in person.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Speaking of Rant and the Madden leagues.

I was pissed at sbk because he blocked a trade, Rant was helping me with my roster, and I was pissed. I said something like, that MF'er(sbk), wtf is wrong with him?

Long story short, Rant lol'ed and understood sbk and calmed me down. I don't know why that sticks with me, but Rant was a good guy, always nice to me. I think I always go back to that because sbk mentioned something about always busting Rant's chops just after his death.

sbk92

Reaction score
We had a love/hate thing going on.

I remember when the first time the women ran away he sent a very anti me diatribe to somebody trying to convince him to leave with them. That person sent it to me. Then a day or two later I get a PM from Rant talking about working things out.

He hated that he liked me. I'm not going to pretend we were best buddies. We weren't.

If he was around right now, he'd probably be tracking me down busting my chops for being here. That's just how he was.

If you just read the board, you'd think we weren't very friendly, but I've had numerous discussions with him through PM over the years. It sounds like he did that with quite a few people. He was a people person and a huge loss to that forum.

sbk92

Reaction score
Speaking of Rant and the Madden leagues.

I was pissed at sbk because he blocked a trade, Rant was helping me with my roster, and I was pissed. I said something like, that MF'er(sbk), wtf is wrong with him?

Long story short, Rant lol'ed and understood sbk and calmed me down. I don't know why that sticks with me, but Rant was a good guy, always nice to me. I think I always go back to that because sbk mentioned something about always busting Rant's chops just after his death.

I went on record after that that I shouldn't have voted no on the trade. That was Marion Barber for Wes Welker, if I remember correctly.

sbk92

Reaction score
One other thing I'll say about Rant.

In the weeks before he died, one of those guys was sending me several PMs about what a dick the guy was. He couldn't stand him. Wouldn't even respond to him anymore on the board.

Then immediately after the accident, he posts some loving tribute to him about what a great guy he was. How they talked all the time. Even sends his personal info to several of us after so we can keep in better touch after losing our brother.

I found that laughably pathetic, but I didn't say anything. It just wasn't a good time.

C

Cr122

I'll never forgive you.

Speaking of Madden Sheik we need to get a game in sometime, I actually think the game is alright this year. I do hate the new kicking meter though.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
One other thing I'll say about Rant.

In the weeks before he died, one of those guys was sending me several PMs about what a dick the guy was. He couldn't stand him. Wouldn't even respond to him anymore on the board.

Then immediately after the accident, he posts some loving tribute to him about what a great guy he was. How they talked all the time. Even sends his personal info to several of us after so we can keep in better touch after losing our brother.

I found that laughably pathetic, but I didn't say anything. It just wasn't a good time.

Whoa.

sbk92

Reaction score
I won't say who that was. I'm far too classy.

But he was in the Madden leagues, Rant was just starting to beat him and his name rhymes with Lexas Face.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I like the game more than last years version, seems a lot smoother. The thing is, soon you'll have all sorts of updates that will fist F the game even further.

Top Bottom