sbk92

Reaction score
Dez Bryant has agreed on terms of a contract with the Dallas Cowboys, making the receiver the first of this year's NFL first-round picks with a deal.

The Cowboys announced the deal in a news release Thursday, a day before they report to training camp in San Antonio, Texas. The first workout is Saturday.

Bryant's five-year deal could be worth roughly $12M total and includes more than $8.5M in guaranteed money, NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora reported, citing a league source.

Dallas traded up three spots in April to get Bryant with the 24th pick in the 2010 NFL Draft.

The 6-foot-2 and 224 pound receiver was an All-American in 2008 at Oklahoma State when he had 87 receptions for 1,480 yards and 19 touchdowns. But Bryant missed most of last season after his suspension for lying to the NCAA about his activities with former NFL star Deion Sanders.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

sbk92

Reaction score
It's a pretty reasonable deal. All that top 10 money talk was nonsense, apparently.

C

Cr122

Excellent, I knew he would be signed before TC started.

It's always good to be on time to TC.

sbk92

Reaction score
First-rounder Bryant, Cowboys agree

By Calvin Watkins
ESPNDallas.com

The Dallas Cowboys announced they agreed to terms with first-round pick Dez Bryant on Thursday.

The deal is for five years and $11.8 million, with $8.5 million guaranteed, a source said. Bryant's agent, Eugene Parker, said some of the language of the contract is still being worked out.

Bryant, the 24th pick of the draft, is expected to report on time for Cowboys training camp on Saturday in San Antonio.

Bryant, who was unavailable for comment, becomes the first first-round pick to agree to a contract, coming to terms before St. Louis Rams quarterback Sam Bradford, the No. 1 overall pick.

Dallas traded up three spots in April to get Bryant with the 24th overall pick. He was an All-American in 2008 at Oklahoma State when he had 87 receptions for 1,480 yards and 19 touchdowns.

But Bryant missed most of last season after his suspension for lying to the NCAA about his activities with former NFL star Deion Sanders.

The Bryant deal is a relief for the Cowboys because there was speculation he would not make it into camp on time. Parker had worked deals with previous Cowboys first-round selections Mike Jenkins and Felix Jones, who reported late.

Bryant had said over the summer that he expected to report to camp when it started.

The only draft pick yet to agree with the Cowboys is second-rounder Sean Lee, a linebacker from Penn State.

sbk92

Reaction score
They said on NFLN there's a clause in the contract that the deal gets restructured in year 3 if he meets certain performance goals.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
I imagine those incentives are easily reachable, that is a very reasonable deal.

C

Cr122

They said on NFLN there's a clause in the contract that the deal gets restructured in year 3 if he meets certain performance goals.

That's fair and I think Dez thinks he can manage those goals.

I haven't been this excited about a rookie in a while.

Reaction score

I'd be interested in seeing what the goals are.

I'm sure he'll achieve them. This kid is gonna be a monster.

And the good thing about him getting signed early is his mom can finally stop turning tricks.

sbk92

Reaction score
I'd be interested in seeing what the goals are.

I'm sure he'll achieve them. This kid is gonna be a monster.

And the good thing about him getting signed early is his mom can finally stop turning tricks.

Yeah, I'd love to know too.

He's probably got to get into the pro bowl or something. Won't happen this year. Maybe next year.

C

Cr122

The most obvious goals would probably be in yards, receptions and touchdowns.

The rest is anyone's guess.

Reaction score
The most obvious goals would probably be in yards, receptions and touchdowns.

geekru7.gif

Ya think?

Top Bottom