Sal Monella

Man among boys
Reaction score
They definitely do get the talking done.

gettyimages-1185348969-e1575985508506.jpg

The Cowboys are in need of a spark and defensive end DeMarcus Lawrence wants to be the one to provide it.

Lawrence has been held to a half-sack and four quarterback hits over the last five games. The Cowboys have lost four of those five games and the last three in a row, which can’t be directly attributed to Lawrence’s lack of sacks but getting more from one of their most disruptive defensive players would certainly help an effort to get back on a winning track.

“I’m testifying,” Lawrence said, via the Dallas Morning News. “I’ll take ownership of those last couple of games. I haven’t been playing like myself. I haven’t been taking the leadership role I should be taking. It’s time for me to step up.”

After allowing 57 points and 738 yards over the last two weeks, the Cowboys need more players than Lawrence to step up on the defensive side of the ball against a Rams team that has found its offensive footing over the last two weeks.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Hard to blame him with half the team misses tackles like its nobody's business.

He plays in a lousy system led by two super lousy defensive coaches.

That said, people continue to bash him and complain about his play, but he has been 1st or 2nd all season long in edge rusher double team %, so other teams certainly worry about him for some reason.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Good for you you D Law

Too bad to didn’t feel inspired to “do something” about it 7 losses ago and before the season was wasted away and already over

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
The Big Check Jerruh wrote you was supposed to be your "inspiration" for "stepping up."

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
You guys are prob right, that superior coaching and game planning Lawrence gets cant overcome his poor effort and attitude.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
You guys are prob right, that superior coaching and game planning Lawrence gets cant overcome his poor effort and attitude.
Why is he even opening his dicktrap? If you think it's time to "step up" why not just DO it! Why the need to announce it?

His announcing it is what begs the perfectly legitimate questions we're posing. Just fucking DO IT. Step the fuck up if that's what you intend to finally do. Then tell us LATER how you felt it was finally time to do so after cashing a couple dozen massive game checks.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Why is he even opening his dicktrap? If you think it's time to "step up" why not just DO it! Why the need to announce it?

His announcing it is what begs the perfectly legitimate questions we're posing. Just fucking DO IT. Step the fuck up if that's what you intend to finally do. Then tell us LATER how you felt it was finally time to do so after cashing a couple dozen massive game checks.

Maybe that's why he is double teamed so much by opponents, they feel the need to dedicate extra guys to someone going half speed. I bet that's exactly the kinds of strategies a great coach like Jason Garrett would employ.

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
Maybe that's why he is double teamed so much by opponents, they feel the need to dedicate extra guys to someone going half speed. I bet that's exactly the kinds of strategies a great coach like Jason Garrett would employ.
HE says he hasn't been "playing like myself." HE says he needs to "step up." If double teams are the problem, why would he blame himself?

There's NO good reason for him to be flapping his yap. Just do the fucking job on the field, "testify" and make your fucking statements there.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
The Big Check Jerruh wrote you was supposed to be your "inspiration" for "stepping up."

Just like Dez

Getting paid in Dallas seems to be like catching a “I don’t give a fuck anymore disease”

Doomsday

High Plains Drifter
Reaction score
All us meanies in here picking on the downtrodden fucking multi-millionaire. Fo'shame, fo'shame.

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
Just like Dez

Getting paid in Dallas seems to be like catching a “I don’t give a fuck anymore disease”

Dez never stopped caring while he was a Cowboy. Now did getting paid make him not care about being in the NFL again? That is true.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
HE says he hasn't been "playing like myself." HE says he needs to "step up." If double teams are the problem, why would he blame himself?

He's a team guy and reportedly a lockerroom leader, he is saying shit like that to take some accountability and deflect blame from the coaches.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Just like Dez

Stupid post considering guys like Martin, Smith, Fred and Collins all "got paid" too and their play didn't regress.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
i also think DLaw is trying to be a leader, in his way

the new guy michael bennett went unhinged in a very publicly private locker room tangent . he spent more time traveling to chicago than he had on the cowboys

then you got guys like robert quinn, another new guy, getting his fair share of double teams, but quinn is producing on paper.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Stupid post considering guys like Martin, Smith, Fred and Collins all "got paid" too and their play didn't regress.

We paid 4 guys this off season

D Law, Jaylon, Zeke, and La’el

The only one who is living up to his contract is La’el

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
We paid 4 guys this off season

D Law, Jaylon, Zeke, and La’el

The only one who is living up to his contract is La’el

Oh wow, you named 4 out of how many people who have gotten contract extensions the past 5-10 yrs?

And Zeke is not having the dominating year some had hoped (and had seen with him in the past) but he's still having a really good year. He's currently 5th in the league in rushing and has already exceeded his TD total from the last two seasons. He'll end up this year with somewhere between 1200-1400 yds and double digit TD's, this despite the OL not playing at the level they are used to.

DLaw had major shoulder reconstruction surgery that he had put off for two years. He has been 1st or 2nd all year in double team %, he also lost at least two sacks to bogus penalties (maybe 3) on our defense. He is not the same player he was the past two years, but obviously he is good enough that opposing teams pay a ton of attention to him.

Jaylon has not looked like the same player, though I think we'll find out after the year that he may have played injured all year. He got dinged on his knee in the 3rd preseason game (might have been 2nd one not sure) and he hobbled off the field right after it. He has not looked the same since. He certainly looked fast and explosive (like last year) all of camp prior to that and in the little bit of preseason time he saw PT in before that happened.

Last edited:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Impossible to blame Zeke, he can't hand the ball to himself. He also can't control the fucks constantly running him in the A-gap on 1st and 10, into 8-man boxes.
Some of this is attributable to the above.

Yep, and yep.

All the more reason Red Clod cant be out of here fast enough.

Top Bottom