Reaction score
Woodson rips Cowboys D: 'Garbage at tackling'

08:08 AM ET 06.20 | Count Darren Woodson among those unimpressed by some elements of today's game. [Once, a] missed tackle equated to week-long shame Woodson believes no longer exists. At Arizona State, linebackers coach Lovie Smith rode him for any missed tackle. In the NFL, Woodson ensured the Cowboys maintained the same pride. "The guy made the catch but the RAC yards weren't there," Woodson said. ... "[Now, nobody's] embarrassed if they miss a tackle." Maybe there's a curmudgeon, uphill-both-ways undertone in any former player's voice. Butler calls the state of tackling today "embarrassing," adding that Detroit receiver Calvin Johnson could score every week if he wanted. Woodson? The Cowboys "are garbage at tackling," he said. "They won't hit a soul."

Journal Sentinel

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I still would love to see Woodson in a Front Office role with us. Of all the NFL or NCAA people I've met, and mind you, that's not a ton of people, he is the brightest I have talked to. Very critical but still very knowledgeable.

Jon88

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I love Woodson. Class act. Had we won another Superbowl or two he'd be in the Hall of Fame.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
He's right. All the mofos just want to launch themselves like a missle and make a hit that will make the highlight reels. Mainly players from the secondary.

Top Bottom