C

Cr122

[h=1][/h]November, 17, 2011
NOV 17
10:33
AM CT

By Todd Archer

IRVING, Texas -- Tashard Choice has yet to carry the ball for Washington since being claimed by the Redskins on Halloween off waivers from the Cowboys because of a hamstring injury.

While Choice has said Sunday will be his debut, Washington coach Mike Shanahan was not as sure, but it adds a juicy storyline to the Cowboys-Redskins rivalry. Choice was more the people’s champ in his time with the Cowboys than the coaches’ favorite even if he had some decent games.

This season, however, was a disappointment with 75 yards on 28 carries before his injury led to his release.

Choice can change his mood with a decent game Sunday.

“He’s going to be ready,” defensive end Stephen Bowen said Wednesday. “He’s definitely going to be ready. I’m not going to say too much on his part. I know he’ll be ready.”

And the Cowboys, who have had some run defense woes the last three games, know Choice will be talking on the field like he did in practices for three-plus seasons.

“Of course,” Bradie James said. “As soon as he left and signed there I’m sure he circled this one. He’ll be ready. We’ll be ready.”

cmd34

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
This is where I wish we had one of those vicious hitters like Laron Landry, Taylor Mays, Adrian Wilson, etc. I have a feeling Choice is going to be celebrating every 2-yard gain he gets. I want to see someone knock him out if he's yapping.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Too bad we dont have RW 31 in his prime

I still can't believe he fell off as bad as he did.. What a disappointment.

As for Choice... Not sure how his impact will be for this game but I have a feeling down the line (assuming he stays on the team) he'll be trouble.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Just clog the middle of the line. That stops Choice every time, because every time that's where he's going, cut-back lanes be damned.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Just clog the middle of the line. That stops Choice every time, because every time that's where he's going, cut-back lanes be damned.

I think Choice is a lot better RB than what he showed us here in his last couple years... One of those things where a change of scenery will do him good.

NoShame

UDFA
Reaction score
Define, "alot better".

Well to put numbers on it, I think he has it in him to get 700-800 yards (maybe even as high as a 1000) in a two back system. Him and Helu should be good with Shanahan. They just need a real QB to keep the pressure off the line.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Well to put numbers on it, I think he has it in him to get 700-800 yards (maybe even as high as a 1000) in a two back system. Him and Helu should be good with Shanahan. They just need a real QB to keep the pressure off the line.

I don't know how effective he'd be in Shanahan's offense that calls for a lot of stretch runs.

Reaction score
This is where I wish we had one of those vicious hitters like Laron Landry, Taylor Mays, Adrian Wilson, etc. I have a feeling Choice is going to be celebrating every 2-yard gain he gets. I want to see someone knock him out if he's yapping.

My Boy Adrian Wilson yeah.....Mays is a scrub and Laron is a walking personal foul.

Top Bottom