dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Not to be outdone, now there's "Garrett- old man at bar says" where a ****** Zoner makes shit up and acts like somebody gave him inside info.

"old man at the bar" says if Garrett runs the table to make playoffs he'll get a new contract. Never mind the fact that was basically the scenario that played out last yr, we actually won a playoff game and a contract extension for Garrett was typed up, then torn up and thrown away because they got embarrassed in LA.

I absolutely cant stand people that post b/s like this and say "I know a guy" kind of crap.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
On another note, it was somewhat surprising that USC announced yesterday that Clay Helton would be back as HC next year.

The Urban Meyer to USC rumors had been out there for awhile. Maybe CMD will grace us with another appearance and give us the scoop there.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
LOL, now someone is saying firing Garrett now would be like running off Jimmy Johnson in 1990. You cant make this shit up.

Then in the same thread "The 1992 Cowboys were not awesome during the regular season, they did just enough to win games"

Yeah ok asshat.

DO NOT INVITE ZONERS TO THIS FORUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

InternetKing

The Elite :-P
Reaction score
well we have no control over who is zingers or not ... we don’t know who the zoners or not they hide themselves with diffrent acct names etc

yimyammer

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Not to be outdone, now there's "Garrett- old man at bar says" where a ****** Zoner makes shit up and acts like somebody gave him inside info.

"old man at the bar" says if Garrett runs the table to make playoffs he'll get a new contract. Never mind the fact that was basically the scenario that played out last yr, we actually won a playoff game and a contract extension for Garrett was typed up, then torn up and thrown away because they got embarrassed in LA.

I absolutely cant stand people that post b/s like this and say "I know a guy" kind of crap.

you NEVER doubt the "old man at the bar" especially considering theres a good chance it was jeri

story sounds legit

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
yim, i dont think your sarcasm font shows up on internet explorer

i recommend browsing w/ safari or google chrome

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Paul Feinbaum reiterated this week that Lincoln Riley will be the coach of the Cowboys in 2020.

He said it two months ago as well, said he was 100% sure.

We shall see.

kwcoolk619

Practice Squad
Reaction score
On another note, it was somewhat surprising that USC announced yesterday that Clay Helton would be back as HC next year.

The Urban Meyer to USC rumors had been out there for awhile. Maybe CMD will grace us with another appearance and give us the scoop there.

I feel that this new USC AD is totally clueless about Trojan football history to keep Helton. Mike Boehm came from University of Cincinnati (which is a Basketball school).

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
not quite, he said “In my opinion, Jason Garrett will be coaching in the NFL next year”

but point taken

If he isn't the HC of the New York Football Tinys, than he'll probably be go to Alabama and be of his buddy Saban's "offensive analysts" AKA getting Saban's dry cleaning.

spiderfan_MJ

In the Rotation
Reaction score
I said in the Bears-Cowboys thread, that we need to start to hearing coaching rumors. Well, Jane granted my wish.

cml750

Facepalm
Reaction score
I will not complain about the replacement no matter who it is. I will accept anyone and give them a fair chance. At this point I truly believe one of the stadium janitors would be an upgrade over Garrett.

That being said, if after a couple of years we see the replacement making stupid mistakes, not having the tea motivated regularly, not knwing how to manage a clock, and most of all playing to not lose rather than playing to win, I will be calling for his head.

icup

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wasnt there a jerry death watch thread at some point ?

(Alley oop to somebody else to dig it up)

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Lost in Slater's report was the mention of Clemson OC Tony Elliott.

This was sorta seems out of left field (although I had heard on various college shows Elliott was likely a name that was going to be considered at other schools this offseason). To me this means either 1) Jones and/or Spawn called Dabo Swinney and Swinney indicated he wasn't leaving, but suggested Elliott to them or 2) One of the guys being considered for HC potentially likes Elliott as his new OC.

Top Bottom