Reaction score
Cortland Finnegan wants "no" part of T.O.
Posted by Mike Florio on July 22, 2010 3:40 PM ET

The Titans are one of the shrinking number of NFL franchises that have yet to slam the door on signing receiver Terrell Owens.

Cornerback Cortland Finnegan has spared the front office the trouble.

In an appearance on 104.5 The Zone's 3 Hour Lunch, Finnegan fielded a question about the possibility of T.O. landing in Nashville.

"No," Finnegan said, even before the question had ended. "No. I don't . . . no. No. No. Not gonna happen. Jeff Fisher wouldn't allow it. The guys . . . no. He wouldn't be part of the Tennessee . . . no. I'm just gonna say 'no' and just keep on pushing."

Last week, Panthers linebacker Jon Beason offered up similar sentiments about Owens, a day before reversing course. A difference? Beason and Owens are represented by the same agent, Drew Rosenhaus. Finnegan isn't.

sbk92

Reaction score
Smart man.

Guys like that are only useful when they are elite players. Once they start to decline, cut bait quickly. You don't need that kind of presence in your locker room.

C

Cr122

Nobody wants him anymore.

Maybe Oakland, crazy Al might take him, that's where they all end up. lol

Reaction score
Nobody wants him anymore.

Maybe Oakland, crazy Al might take him, that's where they all end up. lol

I am begining to believe he might not get signed at all.

Drew Rosenhause coming out recently saying there's a lot of interest in him, and he'll be signed 'within three weeks' sealed it for me. That just reeks of desperation.

Top Bottom