sbk92

Reaction score
Comedy Central Mainstay Greg Giraldo Dead at 44

By Wrap Staff

“Last Comic Standing” judge Greg Giraldo died on Wednesday, five days after an apparent overdose of prescription pills in a New Jersey Hotel room, according to friend and fellow comedian Jim Norton.

Discovered by a friend when he failed to show up at a concert, he was 44.

Considered a fast-talking “insult comic,” he has been a longtime mainstay of Comedy Central, headlining channel’s “Indecision ‘08” tour. He was a regular panelist on ”Lewis Black’s Root of All Evil,” “Tough Crowd With Colin Quinn” and the star of the short-lived series, “Common Law.” A 2005 proposed Comedy Central series, “The Greg Giraldo Show” failed to be picked up.

Born in the Bronx on Dec. 10, 1965, he was a graduate of Harvard Law School and worked as a lawyer for a year before becoming a comedian.

It is not known for sure whether the overdose was accidental or a suicide attempt, though his management company put out a statement that he’d had “an accidental overdose, and he is in critical condition.”

Hearing of his death, fellow comedian Sarah Silverman tweeted:"RIP Greg Giraldo. Belly-laugh hilarious, prolific, good & kind. A thousand oys can't express."

Following the news, the homepage of his website was taken over by a photo of the comedian with a link to his Facebook page for “notes of condolence.”

He had three children; his family is planning a memorial service in his honor.

sbk92

Reaction score
Motherf'r. This guy was my favorite of all the roasters. Just absolutely hilarious doing the insult comedy.

All the great comedians die too young.

sbk92

Reaction score
[video=youtube;Dy2Ako8PMpk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dy2Ako8PMpk&p=86AE4C3869A369C7&playnext=1&index=21[/video]

SixisBetter

Anywhere on the line.
Reaction score
Motherf'r. This guy was my favorite of all the roasters. Just absolutely hilarious doing the insult comedy.

All the great comedians die too young.

Couldn't agree more.Don't know if you've seen it or not,there's a nice little 4 video tribute over on Filmdrunk,including the one you posted.

Sheik

All-Pro
Reaction score
Son of a bitch. This sucks. I really loved listening/watching this guy.

"Holy Shit".

R.I.P

Plymkr

Reaction score
Dude was funny as hell. Sucks another great one is gone and Pauly fuckin Shore is still breathing.

Top Bottom