cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I used Great Blue North Draft Report for draft order. I’m also using NFL Draft - 2015 NFL Draft Prospects - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com as a default player board.

1(27) Gerod Hollimon FS 6-0/201 Louisville
QAXm7IW4_400x400.jpeg

Hollimon has been my top target for some time and he finally debuted on CBS’s board this week as their 28th ranked player. He leads the nation with 13 interceptions and with one more will tie the NCAA record that has stood for 46 years. His tackling needs work but his ball hawk skills would be a huge boost to this defense.

2(59) Tre’ Jackson G 6-4/330 Florida State
940x.jpg

The Cowboys almost pulled off a trade last draft to acquire LSU guard Trai Turner so it’s clear the team wasn’t done with the O Line renovation. Tre’ Jackson is a 330-pound, three-year starter for the Seminoles. He steps in at right guard with Zack Martin replacing free agent Doug Free at right tackle.

3(91) Eric Kendricks MLB 6-0/230 UCLA
Eric-Kendricks-2-615x400.jpg

The younger brother of Philadelphia Eagles linebacker Mychal, Eric is a 3-year starter and leader of the Bruins defense. He has led the team in tackles the last two seasons and already has 110 tackles this year. Kendricks can play Mike or Will and gives the Cowboys flexibility with all of their potential free agent linebackers (McClain, Durant, Carter).

4(123) Preston Smith DE 6-5/270 Mississippi State
BUYEITAIVCEDRKD.20140901172652.jpg

Preston compares to current Cowboy Tyrone Crawford. He can play the strong side end and then slide inside to tackle on pass-rushing downs. The Cowboys seem to be utilizing the Seahawks‘ “throw bodies at it” approach with the defensive line, so Smith’s versatility will be a plus.

5(155) Jamison Crowder WR 5-9/175 Duke
Jamison+Crowder+ACC+Championship+Duke+v+Florida+9FGli24tgn6l.jpg

The Cowboys have the tall, outside receivers in Dez, Terrance Williams, and 2014 draftee Devin Street. With Dwayne Harris and Cole Beasley entering free agency, the Cowboys need to find slot types and Crowder has been a dangerous weapon for the Blue Devils. In four years, he’s caught 256 passes for 3291 yards, has 1695 return yards, and has found the end zone 25 times.

*6th round pick goes to Baltimore (Rolando McClain)
*7th round pick goes to Tennessee (Lavar Edwards)

7a(207) from San Diego (Sean Lissmore) Owamagbe Odighizuwa DE 6-3/270 UCLA
Owamagbe+Odighizuwa+Nebraska+v+UCLA+bUOOd6vGcIml.jpg

Player compares to 4th round pick Preston Smith but with him still be available on the CBS draft board here, he was too good to pass up. Good combination of strength and explosion, his future is probably at 3-Tech.

7b(211) from Baltimore (Rolando McClain) Quinten Rollins CB 6-0/203 Miami(Ohio)
spt-umfootball-48.jpg

My 2014 sleeper, I think he might fly up draft charts once we get to the all-star games and combine workouts. He played basketball for the Redhawks for 4 years and was a team captain the last 2 years. He had 1 year left of eligibility for football and has been a star CB this season. He has 62 tackles, 4 interceptions, and 12 passes defended. At 6 foot tall, 205 pounds, and pretty physical, he could be a good fit as a Tampa 2 corner.

Bob Sacamano

All-Pro
Reaction score
Same. Kind of want to re-sign Free. Can't have the lone, experienced vet on the Oline to be the 4th year Tyron Smith.

All of them say that Free is the glue that kind of keeps them together since they're all so very young.

He won't be cost prohibitive to re-sign anyways.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I too hope we keep Free and keep Martin at RG.

When I do these mocks, I treat all potential free agents as leaving.

Obviously, that won't happen but guessing who stays and who goes at this point is just that, a guess.

At the time of the draft, we will have already re-signed some free agents and possibly (hopefully) some new ones.

Iamtdg

Reaction score
I'm good with Martin at G and Free re-signing. But, we need some depth. Not sure we want to go that high for depth, of course, but it needs to be on our radar later in the draft. Our offensive line depth is not that great.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Same. Kind of want to re-sign Free. Can't have the lone, experienced vet on the Oline to be the 4th year Tyron Smith.

All of them say that Free is the glue that kind of keeps them together since they're all so very young.

He won't be cost prohibitive to re-sign anyways.

I'd rather Free become more of a swing tackle. He's a bit inconsistent. He's having a good year, which means next year he'll be lousy.

cmd34(work)

Draft Pick
Reaction score
I'm hoping we re-sign:

Doug Free T
Ron Leary G
Dwayne Harris WR
Cole Beasley WR
Rolando McClain MLB
Bruce Carter OLB
Sterling Moore CB

I'm okay with losing:
Jermey Parnell T
Anthony Spencer DE
George Selvie DE
Nick Hayden DT
Justin Durant OLB

Iamtdg

Reaction score
I'm hoping we re-sign:

Doug Free T
Ron Leary G
Dwayne Harris WR
Cole Beasley WR
Rolando McClain MLB
Bruce Carter OLB
Sterling Moore CB

I'm okay with losing:
Jermey Parnell T
Anthony Spencer DE
George Selvie DE
Nick Hayden DT
Justin Durant OLB

I'm fine with both Harris and Carter going away. Otherwise, I agree.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I too hope we keep Free and keep Martin at RG.

When I do these mocks, I treat all potential free agents as leaving.

Obviously, that won't happen but guessing who stays and who goes at this point is just that, a guess.

At the time of the draft, we will have already re-signed some free agents and possibly (hopefully) some new ones.

I'm all for re-signing Free... but we should definitely draft his eventual replacement in this upcoming draft, and not with some low pick either.

Top Bottom