ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
Brady Tinker ‏@DFWSportsbeat 1h1 hour ago
Very good sourse tells me McClain starts on PUP for first 8 gms....then they'll see if hes interested #CowboysCamp

For those wondering, Tinker is a small time DFW media guy... Used to have a show on Channel 21 or one of those minor channels (I don't think he still does, anyway). He always seemed kind of douchey to me, but I wouldn't doubt that he has some real sources.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
I thought he was just suspended for weed. did he have surgery or something?

ThoughtExperiment

Quality Starter
Reaction score
He had some scope several weeks ago, even a few months ago maybe, and should be fine by now.

I assume that like always with this guy, he doesn't want to practice and is coming back as slowly as possible. I'm sure he isn't too motivated knowing he won't play the first four games, anyway.

BTW, I see on another board that people claim "This is BS, there's no 8-game PUP!" But six games is the minimum, then you have like three weeks to activate the guy.

Also makes me wonder about that second drug test pop. There was some debate when he first was fined four games, then failed another test to be suspended, about whether they both applied to the first four games or not. Maybe they aren't concurrent? Because it doesn't really make sense to fine a guy four games but expect him to play for free.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Thought I read somewhere PUP is 6 weeks, not 6 games

Our bye week is after New England, which would be 6 weeks. He'd miss 5 games

Iamtdg

Reaction score
Thought I read somewhere PUP is 6 weeks, not 6 games

Our bye week is after New England, which would be 6 weeks. He'd miss 5 games

4 of which would be suspension time. If we leave him without PUP'ing him, we get an extra game out of him.

Top Bottom