C

Cr122

Bradie James: 'The only way we can improve is getting turnovers'
Posted at 10:40 PM on Sun., Jul. 25, 2010 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
SportsDayDFW.com sports Bio | E-mail | News tips

What do you think of the intensity out here? "It's always good the first day you put on pads, it's like the first game all of the mini camps and OTA's, guys out there with jerseys and shorts on there's a lot of jaw jacking the first day in pads is quiet guys have butterflies like it's the first game ever, so the intensity was very high. It's all about consistency right now though. We have to come back; we have another practice today and do the same thing."

Guys on the offense have been saying how helpful it's been to have the same coach for the last four years with the same system. What is the defense's take on it? "As far as us the second year with Wade really being that hands on is always great. For me to have Keith Brooking there for the second straight year, I've had a revolving door at that position so it's good. Everybody's intact; the front seven has been intact for I don't know how long. The secondary is pretty much intact; we lost Ken Hamlin but Alan Ball is stepping up. It's been good and the continuity is there."

Besides Keith Brooking helping you out what has he meant to this team? "He's meant a lot. Just coming in, seeing the old guy having some fire is always good. Just showing that he's a pro everyday and that's what it's about."
How good can this core can be if you guys are able to stay healthy with (DeMarcus) Ware and (Anthony) Spencer on the outside and you and (Keith) Brooking in the middle?
"I guess that's the ace in the hole; everybody wants to stay healthy, but you never know what the season will be so therefore you have to develop some of the young guys too. I hope we stay healthy and we definitely can be good. I can talk about it until I'm blue in the face today but it doesn't matter until we play against the Redskins; that's when it
all counts. So yeah expectations are high and we look good right now, but were supposed to look good."

How important is it to force turnovers this year? "We had some shutouts; we did a lot of good things last year. The only thing that we didn't do that we didn't do that we can improve on is getting some turnovers. You can't have it all but if you could it would be great to get more turnovers. I'd rather stop the run get a couple of shutouts and still have the same results. If we don't get that many turnovers we still play how we play last year. You know want to get better but the only way we can improve is getting turnovers."

Top Bottom