C

Cr122

Posted at 11:24 AM on Sat., Jul. 31, 2010 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Gerry Fraley / Reporter

In the first day of training camp without Dez Bryant on the field, Cowboys wide recevier Roy Williams had his best practice yet.

Williams caught three touchdown passes in Saturday's morning session at the Alamodome. Two of the scoring receptions came when the offense was working in the red zone, a problem area last season. Williams also blocked well on a corner run by Marion Barber.

``He's doing a good job,'' offensive coordinator Jason Garrett said. ``He's making plays. He can help us get better.''

Williams, perhaps sensing the inevitable Bryant questions, left practice without comment. Earlier in camp, Williams said his confidence has not dimmed after 1 1/2 mediocre seasons with the Cowboys.

``I know how good I can be,'' Williams said. ``It's unfortunate that me and the quarterback haven't been on the same page. You're not going to blame Tony (Romo). You're going to blame me.

``I can take it. It makes me work that much harder to get it right so I can say `I told you so.' ''

In 28 games, including playoffs, with the Cowboys, Williams has 62 catches for 794 yards and eight touchdowns.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Big f -ucking deal. I'm tired of hearing how good practices Roy has---which is not always the case. The pathetic truth is that he often has better practices than games.

Reaction score
Big f -ucking deal. I'm tired of hearing how good practices Roy has---which is not always the case. The pathetic truth is that he often has better practices than games.

exactly..I wish he would try and play like he pratices...

and those after drop grins......makes me wanna puke

C

Cr122

You're right.

Let's wait and see when the games count.

Top Bottom