bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score
ZPGD7MJLLR24I5O3QBQQHMRB5Q.jpg

Here are Cowboys Insider David Moore’s five takeaways from Sunday’s game:

By any definition, this team is lost​

It was clear entering Sunday’s game that this two-game burst against Washington and Philadelphia on the road would define the Cowboys' season. Why wait? A struggling Dallas team knew what was at stake with two division games in a span of eight days. They knew they could right themselves and keep themselves in the race the rest of the way. They responded with the same, dreadful performance that got them in this bind. If the Cowboys had anything to give, you would have seen it against Washington. There’s no reason to believe they’ll break out of this funk next week against the Eagles. This team didn’t just lose Sunday. It’s lost.

Dallas makes problems even worse​

Coaches stress the importance of complementary football. The Cowboys have a strange definition. Rather than build upon a big play or respond to a mistake made by the offense or defense, this team makes every situation worse. Two quick examples: After the beleaguered Dallas defense made a goal line stand to open the game, the offense got a bit of breathing room by drawing Washington offsides with a hard count to get out of the shadow of the end zone. On third down, the primary goal -- more important than picking up the first down -- was not to turn the ball over. Andy Dalton was hit from behind, fumbled and Washington got on the board with a safety. Later in the half, the Cowboys ran a confusing, ill-conceived play on fourth-and-one that had no chance to pick up the first down. Seconds later, rookie Trevon Diggs gave up a 52-yard touchdown pass.

Jaylon Smith’s puzzling reactions​

Jaylon Smith has come to symbolize much of what is wrong with this team. The linebacker found himself in coverage with his back to the quarterback early in the game. He had no idea where the ball was. He barreled into the receiver and the ball fell incomplete. Smith’s response was to clap. Why? Because he was called for pass interference and gave Washington the first down instead of giving up the completion? Before the half was done, Smith missed a tackle that would have prevented a touchdown. He didn’t clap as he was sprawled on the field while Washington scored, which could be taken as a sign of progress.

The offensive line is a disaster ...​

The Cowboys were forced into their ninth different offensive line configuration of the season. It was a disaster. Dalton and later Ben DiNucci had no chance behind this group. The combination of inexperience and poor performance took not only Ezekiel Elliott out of the game, but Michael Gallup and CeeDee Lamb.

... and the run defense isn’t much better​

The Cowboys' run defense is pathetic. A Washington team that hadn’t rushed for more than 80 yards all season finished this one off with 208 yards on the ground. Back after back goes for a season- or career-high against this group. There’s no reason to believe that will stop going forward.

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
Any chance MM just says, “fuck it, I’m out”, then quits? (during the off season)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
Any chance MM just says, “fuck it, I’m out”, then quits? (during the off season)?

If this was any other owner/GM I would say that he wouldn’t even make it to the off season

But it’s Jeruh so.....

I’m guessing he’s going to require a sacrificial lamb to appease the fan base here sometime soon. So hopefully Nolan will be gone.

bbgun

Administrator
Reaction score

and leave all that money on the table? we should be so lucky. we're stuck with that fat, uninspiring fuck.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
What is there to really say? Theoretically this was one of the more winnable games on the schedule. The team that just ran circles around the Cowboys will struggle to win 4 or 5 games which tells you how fucking bad this team (if you want to call it that) is right now. The difference is in 89 I felt hope. Jerry was busy trying to make a profit and not as involved in the day to day football ops. Jimmy was here and Bob Ackles was here, and in 1990 the team showed major improvement and every year after.

This organization will draft top 5. Jerry will hang onto McCarthy because he owes him money and will rationalize this year was due to the pandemic and injuries. He will probably cripple the cap going forward by throwing money at Dak and continue to compound the mistakes. The current situation is like a house with so riddled with termites that a gust of wind will make it implode. The culture has to change, the Jones family has to remove itself rom football ops, and somebody that has successfully built a team and evaluated talent has to be hired for there even to be a glimmer of hope. None of this will happen, Fuckin sad really.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
What is there to really say? Theoretically this was one of the more winnable games on the schedule. The team that just ran circles around the Cowboys will struggle to win 4 or 5 games which tells you how fucking bad this team (if you want to call it that) is right now. The difference is in 89 I felt hope. Jerry was busy trying to make a profit and not as involved in the day to day football ops. Jimmy was here and Bob Ackles was here, and in 1990 the team showed major improvement and every year after.

This organization will draft top 5. Jerry will hang onto McCarthy because he owes him money and will rationalize this year was due to the pandemic and injuries. He will probably cripple the cap going forward by throwing money at Dak and continue to compound the mistakes. The current situation is like a house with so riddled with termites that a gust of wind will make it implode. The culture has to change, the Jones family has to remove itself rom football ops, and somebody that has successfully built a team and evaluated talent has to be hired for there even to be a glimmer of hope. None of this will happen, Fuckin sad really.

giphy.gif

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score

They MIGHT even let MM draft the QB of his choice (between Justin Fields and Trey Lance). Remember Jerry brought him in partly because he’s a “QB Guru”. Unless they luck in to the #1 pick. The Jets are really awful.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

... and the run defense isn’t much better​

The Cowboys' run defense is pathetic. A Washington team that hadn’t rushed for more than 80 yards all season finished this one off with 208 yards on the ground. Back after back goes for a season- or career-high against this group. There’s no reason to believe that will stop going forward.
Holy shit. 208 yds to a team that had never got more than 80?

What a bunch of fucking losers.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score

Maybe.

On the other hand, him and his staff have done a terrible job. They have looked unmotivated/uninspired since the opening kickoff on SNF vs the Rams. They should be 0-season right now and have been behind my huge scores almost every single game.

I think this might be the worst team in our modern history to be honest. if McCarthy doesnt quit, he probably does deserve to be fired along with the rest of this awful staff. They really have to get a culture changing HC in here pronto.

I wanted us to hire Urban Meyer last year and it looked like the Jones boys missed the boat on Matt Rhule. If I were them, I'd already have Meyer on speed dial and see what he wants to come in and blow this shit up.

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
He will probably cripple the cap going forward by throwing money at Dak and continue to compound the mistakes.
If the two games we have seen since injury are any indicator, Prescott is by FAR the least of this teams worries and if anything, he now whole heartedly deserves a massive contract extension. He's the only player on the team that gave a shit every week.

kwcoolk619

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Maybe.

On the other hand, him and his staff have done a terrible job. They have looked unmotivated/uninspired since the opening kickoff on SNF vs the Rams. They should be 0-season right now and have been behind my huge scores almost every single game.

I think this might be the worst team in our modern history to be honest. if McCarthy doesnt quit, he probably does deserve to be fired along with the rest of this awful staff. They really have to get a culture changing HC in here pronto.

I wanted us to hire Urban Meyer last year and it looked like the Jones boys missed the boat on Matt Rhule. If I were them, I'd already have Meyer on speed dial and see what he wants to come in and blow this shit up.
As long as the Jones' family want "yes" men, nothing is changing.

LAZARUS_LOGAN

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
if McCarthy doesnt quit, he probably does deserve to be fired along with the rest of this awful staff. They really have to get a culture changing HC in here pronto.

No. I'd rather he keep MM. If Jerry fires MM, all he's going to do is promote Kellen Moore; same way Wade got fired and Garrett was promoted, and the rest is history. Let's face it, as long as Jerry is alive, Moore is going to be the Cowboys next HC.

DC4LIF

Spectator
Reaction score
Im embarrassed to see the lack of effort on the defensive side of the ball . Remember when we were super shitty in the late eighties ? Even 1-15 on one year , but the defense never gave up . Even then there was always guys like Bates & company that would never give up . This defense just has no fucking direction or heart ! Its a fucking shame !

MrB

Draft Pick
Reaction score
No. I'd rather he keep MM. If Jerry fires MM, all he's going to do is promote Kellen Moore; same way Wade got fired and Garrett was promoted, and the rest is history. Let's face it, as long as Jerry is alive, Moore is going to be the Cowboys next HC.

Don’t forget John Stephen Jones as the future QB and future OC of this team.

theoneandonly

Quality Starter
Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys are 2-5 after an embarrassing 25-3 loss to the Washington Football Team, but executive vice president Stephen Jones is still optimistic about the team.

"I just think you're gonna take your lumps with a new staff," Jones said Monday on 105.3 The Fan "... I think we're going in the right direction."

If right direction means people are still buying jerseys and watching games then I guess all is well.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I heard that quote too

So baby Jeruh thinks this team is going in the right direction?

Fuck you baby Jeruh and anyone else with the last name of Jones! And that includes our punter too. Fuck him by association and just for having the same last name.

Scot

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
I’m sure the Jones’ are happy. Dak’s jersey sales surely spiked when he went down.

And now they can start selling Dak branded Ankle supports with #4 on him. That’s an entirely new revenue stream they didn’t have before.

Jeruh is never one to miss an opportunity to make an extra buck

dbair1967

Administrator
Reaction score
Yeah I don't see that at all

Top Bottom